15 Oil-Blotting Products Your Skincare Routine Needs
No matter what time of year it is, oily skin can be a real pain. It’s a natural occurrence that we can hardly fault our bodies for, but that doesn’t make it any less of a nuisance. While there are plenty of oily skin remedies to consider for limiting excess oil in the long-term, short-term solutions are a must for when we’re in a pinch and need results, like, yesterday. Luckily, the beauty industry feels our pain and has provided us with plenty of options to remedy a shiny face while on the go. Here are 15 of our favorite oil-blotting products to help keep you oil-free all day long.
1. BeautyBlender Bloterazzi ($20): Calling all nature-buffs! Blot on the go with this reusable, washable sponge. Not only is this sponge perfectly shaped to reach all the contours of your face, it also comes with a mirrored compact, allowing for easy blotting when you’re on the go.
2. Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($4): Containing 50 oil-absorbing sheets, this product is a truly affordable option for taming oily skin throughout the day. It soaks up oil while you’re on the go, so you can get back more important things, like costume planning.
3. Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers ($12): These absorbent papers are made with abaca leaf and gold flakes, which work to gently absorb excess oil on your skin without the threat of ruining your makeup.
4. Benefit The POREfessional: License to Blot ($20): Matte-ify skin in an instant with this handy little stick. With adorable packaging and a convenient size, this product is a purse-friendly option to keep your skin looking matte at all times.
5. Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper ($8): Those looking for a more unique way to banish an oily face might enjoy this quirky option. The compact not only contains a mirror but also a vibrantly covered puff, which can be attached to one of the 100 blotting sheets for easy oil absorption.
6. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray ($30/4oz): Stop oil in its tracks with a makeup setting spray. Simply spritz a few sprays of this formula on your face for all-day oil-control.
8. E.L.F. Essentials Shine Eraser ($1): If you find yourself using blotting sheets on the regular you can always opt for a more affordable option, like this drugstore option. Don’t let the low price fool you – this little case provides you with 50 green tea-infused sheets that are perfect for on-the-go touch-ups.
9. Neutrogena Shine Control Powder ($12): Finish off your makeup routine with a shine-controlling powder, such as this product from Neutrogena. The lightweight formula keeps oil in check throughout the day, so you have one less thing to worry about.
10. Jane Iredale Facial Blotting Papers With Compact ($11): If the sleek mirror compact packaging didn’t have you sold, then the all-natural formula certainly will. Give your skin a shine-free finish by gently pressing one of these papers against your skin, to rid your complexion of excess sheen.
11. Laura Geller Matte Maker Oil Blotting Powder ($24): Use this transparent formula over makeup, or even on its own, to reduce shine and leave your skin looking perfectly matte. The powder even works to make your pores appear smaller — a win-win in our books.
12. NYX Tea Tree Blotting Paper ($6): Tea Tree Oil is a naturally antibacterial ingredient, so its infusion into these blotting papers makes for a truly powerhouse product. Simply use these papers on an oily T-zone for a far more refined complexion.
13. 100% Pure Anti-Bacterial Wood Pulp Oil Blotting Paper ($8): Wood pulp might seem like an odd choice for a beauty product but it’s actually used expertly in this product for its antibacterial properties.
14. RMS Beauty “Un” Powder ($34): Kiss your oily T-zone goodbye because this transparent powder will reflect light to make oil disappear in the blink of an eye.
15. Shiseido Sebum & Oil Blotting Paper ($12): These large sheets are designed to soak up excess oil and sebum in order to leave your skin looking matte and your pores visibly smaller.
Which of these blotting products is your fave? Let us know in the comments below!