We’re just getting started over here at Brit + Co. with our One Pot Wonder recipe series. First we brought you Skillet Pan Pizza that ensures a crispy crust, every time. Then we made one pot wonders elegant with our Roasted Salmon Nicoise. And now it’s time to tackle the sweet side of the equation with our Olive Oil and Peach Dump Cake (and yes, it’s gluten-free)!
Now this is not your normal dump cake. Inspired by the classic southern version with pineapple, cherries, cake mix, and butter, we took a, shall we say, more “California” spin on the cake. Our recipe calls for fresh peaches, olive oil, almond milk, and gluten-free cake mix. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results!
– 4 peaches
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– Pinch of lemon zest
– 1 cake mix (we used Cherry Brook Yellow Cake Mix)
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– plain or greek yogurt (whole milk is preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Start by slicing all of the peaches.
2. Place peaches in a glass pan or cast iron skillet. Drizzle with olive oil, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
3. Pour cake mix over peaches, followed by almond milk and olive oil. Gently stir top layer of cake mix with milk and oil to create a crumbly topping.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until topping starts to brown. Let cool completely before serving. Top with yogurt and honey.
Time to get started! Round up those fresh peaches and other ingredients.
Begin by thinly slicing the peaches.
Then lay peach slices in the bottom of the pan.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil…
Followed by a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Add in a little lemon zest and then toss everything together.
Next, dump the cake mix over the peaches.
And gently spread into an even-ish layer across the top of the peaches.
Slowly pour almond milk over the top…
Followed by the olive oil.
Use a spatula to gently mix the top layer of cake mix with the olive oil and almond milk. Be careful not to mix everything together! The end result should resemble a peach crisp.
After you’re done mixing, the top should look all nice and crumbly.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees F until top is starting to brown. Let cool completely before serving!
We recommend topping each slice with a dollop of plain or greek whole milk yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
What are your favorite one pot recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!