7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Make Matching Sets Work
With mixed patterns having gained so much momentum in the fashion world, we were a little taken by surprise by the wave of matchy-matchy looks popping up on the streets of the globe’s most stylish cities. From fall favorites like plaid to psychedelic florals and straight up monochromatic ensembles, it looks like coordination is now the name of the game. But be warned — these aren’t your grandmother’s matching sets. Style still reins supreme, and a simple cardi + cami combo isn’t going to cut it. To master this not-so-new trend, take note from these 7 #OOTDs.
1. @zanitazanita: What happens when you mix chic disco-era silhouettes and exotic prints with an autumnal twist? An elevated matching set that will put even the most fashion-forward ensemble to shame. (via @zanitazanita)
2. @valerie_dittner: If hardcore matching seems like a bit much, consider combining multiple shades of the same color to achieve a cohesive look with lots of dimension. Bonus points for complementary accessories, like Valerie’s gilded heels and furry purple poof. (via @valerie_dittner)
3. @stylebyada: Ada takes a less-is-more approach to the whole matching thing by opting for sleek separates in earthy green hues. Looking for a way to ease into the monochromatic trend? This is it. (via @stylebyada)
4. @lapetiteanglaise: We’re pretty big fans of plaid, especially for fall, which is why we’re totally swooning over this bold getup. Pointed-toe boots and a leather pleated skirt help balance out the rustic feel of the ensemble, while also imparting an undeniable It-girl edge. (via @lapetiteanglaise)
5. @valentinasiragusa: If turning a few heads is on your agenda, then a head-to-toe print is the way to go. For a more classic, sophisticated feel, stick with a palette of black and white. (via @valentinasiragusa)
6. @naomirowland: The workweek is the perfect time to test drive matching sets. Swap in funky patterns and prints for your traditional suiting separates to really shake up your sartorial routine. This mod look packs plenty of personality and polish. (via @naomirowland)
7. @natashandlovu: Now this is one pairing we can definitely get behind. A cozy sweater and matching knit skirt are ideal for a little weekend lounging, but will also rack up the style points when your agenda is packed. (via @natashandlovu)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.