Spring is just about to spring, and we’ve got our sights set on as many outdoor parties as we can possibly throw. Today, we’re turning our focus to baby showers. If you’ve got as many gal pals as us, chances are that you’ve got a baby shower or two on your calendar this year, and maybe you’re even throwing one! If you feel like a change of scenery and charging up on Vitamin D, may we suggest bringing your next baby shower to the great outdoors?
From scouting out a lovely location to prepping up lots of sweet and savory snacks, here are eight must-haves for a springy outdoor baby shower.
1. The Perfect Location: Try setting up a picnic in the park or at the beach to enjoy the natural surroundings in your area. And don’t forget the music. Bring a few portable speakers and sync them together so that you can create a surround sound experience. In terms of choosing music, we recommend a mix of the mama-to-be’s favorite tracks as well as a few silly songs that will get people laughing and dancing.
2. Blue and Pink Cocktails (and Mocktails!): Pre-mix cocktails for your picnic and bottle ’em up using a DIY building block cork stopper and glass bottles. If the shower is for a baby girl, make pink cocktails using a mix of lemonade, grenadine, vodka and an orange slice. For a baby boy, it’s all about the Blue Curacao. Add lemonade and vodka to this bright blue liqueur and your guests will love it! And of course, leave out the vodka for the mama-to-be.
3. Pastel Muddy Buddies: For dessert, serve pink or blue Chex™ Muddy Buddies. The combination of Chex™ cereal, peanut butter, powdered sugar and pink or blue candies are an adorable and mouth-watering treat for your guests to enjoy.
4. Plenty of Sandwiches and Snacks: Offer foods and snacks that won’t spoil, like dips and veggies, cold salads, sandwiches and fruit. On the sweet side, make sure to have lots of blue and pink treats like jelly beans, lollipops and cake pops.
5. Pillows, Blankets and Portable Furniture: Though we’re all about spending a day laying on the grass, for an actual party it’s good to recreate a sort of semi-living room. To do this, we brought a couple of poufs (lightweight ottomans will also do), a folding table, a bar cart and a breakfast-in-bed tray that doubled as a would-be coffee table.
<b>Tissue Paper Pom Poms</b>Create a festive vibe by hanging up decorations on trees around you. These tissue paper pom poms will pack a lot of punch without breaking the bank, or even breaking a nail.
7. Patterned Decor: To create a cohesive theme, we added triangle patterns to anything and everything we could, including balloons and a fold-up tray. To do so, we cut triangles out of contact paper and adhered them to everything.
8. Play On Playa: Time for a new twist on a shower game. You know the game celebrity? Try a take on the classic game that fits with the theme of your baby shower. Create the clues ahead of time — all movies, songs and celebs related to babies.
And there you have it — add in your besties and your favorite mama-to-be and you’ve got the perfect outdoor party.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.