16 Pretty Pastel Desk Accessories in Pantone’s 2016 Color of the Year
The rich, full-bodied tones of Marsala are getting pushed out this New Year. 2016 is all about relaxation and rejuvenation. For the first time in Pantone history, there was a tie for Color of the Year, with Rose Quartz and Serenity both claiming the coveted prize. According to Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, the baby pink and baby blue winners work seamlessly together: There is “an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.” You’ve already decked out the living room in peaceful pastels, so now it’s time to tackle the most stressful and creative space in your life: the office. Scroll on for pretty pastel must-haves for a totally zen office.
1. Brit + Co Hexagon Card Set of Eight ($17): Spread some peaceful vibes in your 2016 letters with this adorably geo card set from husband and wife creators laLa Grace.
2. Papyrus Periwinkle LePen ($2): Who ever said meeting minutes had to be in boring black? Sweeten up your staff meetings with this pretty pastel micro-fine pen in periwinkle.
3. Brit + Co Even Cowgirls Get the Blues Print ($28): Glam up the office with this chic print from California designer Lemonwood Imprints while stealing the coveted Most Homey Cubicle prize.
4. dFigtree Blue and Pink Floral Print Pencil Case ($10): Store all of your fave writing essentials in this one-of-a-kind homemade pencil case. It’s made with Japanese cotton and totally Pantone COTY approved.
6. Paper Source Garden Roses Wrapping Paper ($4): After a month of green and red patterns, we can finally opt for a delicate substitute to sweeten up our wrapping paper game. From wrapping birthday presents and DIY projects to framing it as is, there’s almost too much you can do with this gorgeous print.
7. Sugar Paper My Post to Yours Scallop Note Set ($20): Printed by hand on antique machinery, this scalloped baby pink note set will look just as good on your desk as it does in the mail.
8. Paper Source Lavender Dots Washi Tape ($6): You can use the Pantone Color(s) of the Year almost anywhere on your desk with this super malleable washi tape. Whether you’re putting some deco on your office wall or sealing up important documents, it’s sure to add that certain pop you’re been craving.
9. Poketo Rock Garden Notebook ($16): There’s nothing more zen than a rock garden made with rose quartz and charcoal. Write away your work troubles in this adorably sweet Poketo notebook.
10. 2015-2016 Paper Source Foil Watercolor Calendar ($30): Embrace the power of soothing watercolors with this 17-month calendar. Of course, January 2016 kicks off the New Year right by rocking serenity and gold foil.
11. Urban Outfitters Alpaca + Sheep Puffy Stickers Set ($4): Every desk needs an aww-factor. Check out these tiny bubble stickers of alpacas, sheep, birds and flowers.
12. Urbanears Medis Forgetmenot ($49): Jam out to your fave tunes in the office with these serenity buds. They’re comfortable enough to keep you going through the whole work day, but still subtle enough to not be spotted by your boss.
13. All in Good Taste, Kate Spade New York ($28): If you’re in need of a little midday pick me up, this rose quartz all-in-one table book will certainly do the trick. From how to curate a vibrant guest list to the tricky question of Instagram etiquette at the dinner table, you’re sure to find something to cure the office blues in its rose quartz pages.
14. ban.do Sweet Talk Pen Set ($14): Inject some much-needed motivation into your work day with these three pens adorned with pick-me-up sayings like “gosh, you look so cute” and “you’re better than unicorns.”
15. Fringe Studio Get It Done Notebook ($14): Even your notebook is rooting for your success. Get whatever you need done in this sweet and simple rose quartz, lightly textured notebook.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?