17 Cold Weather Essentials Inspired by Pantone’s Color of the Year
ICYMI: Greenery, “a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade,” has just been announced as Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year. Yes, you heard right, Kermit green is officially on our radar in a major way (we have a feeling Miss Piggy will be none too pleased). If you ask us, the timing couldn’t be more perfect. Before a case of the winter doldrums has a chance to set in, don’t hesitate to reach for this restorative hue that’s meant to evoke the onset of spring, fresh beginnings and the great outdoors. Described as a “trans-seasonal shade,” Greenery can be worn on its own or juxtaposed with a slew of neutrals, fluorescents and deep shades for no shortage of sartorial possibilities this season. Ahead, we’ve compiled 17 double-tap-worthy, Greenery-inspired style picks that are more than deserving of a spot in your colorful capsule wardrobe.
1. Scotch & Soda Metallic Trousers ($135): When Greenery goes glam, these high-shine acid green metallic trousers will have you seconds away from a party-ready getup. Play up the contrast with a satin fuchsia blouse or chartreuse heels for the ultimate statement.
2. Zara Green Faux Fur Coat ($189): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this luxe green faux fur coat that won’t be in stock for long. Once word gets around that Greenery is the It hue to be sporting in 2017, it’ll be flying off the racks before you can say “add to basket.” Beware of any Grinch references by spreading the fa-la-las and opting for ethereal winter whites.
3. Mercedes Salazar Fiesta Banana Clip On Earrings ($200): This just in: You will go straight-up bananas for these resort-ready clip-on earrings that pay testament to your favorite tropical fruit. Not to mention that these beauties are ripe for spring, thanks to the yellow-green beaded studs. Style ‘em with an ivory bow-neck blouse for the boardroom in an effort to channel an island state of mind even when you’re stuck within the confines of a cubicle.
4. Miss Selfridge High Neck Ruffle Dress ($82): Meet Greenery’s BFF, chartreuse. This mood-enhancing hue is close enough in the color family to be considered right on trend for spring. Gear up for any remaining holiday shindigs by styling this high-neck celery green ruffle dress with a plush red Santa hat for a hint of holiday cheer.
5. Forever 21 Chevron Stripe Cargo Jacket ($60): Off-duty has never looked so good. This relaxed-fit olive cargo jacket, complete with military-inspired chevron patches, is begging to be teamed with black distressed jeans and alternative moto boots.
6. Topshop Lace Trim Ankle Socks ($6): A little pop of green peeking out from your lace-up ankle boots is exactly what the doctor ordered for many a snowy morning commute. (Just think: Come spring, these babies will look adorable with open-toe platform heels.) We may be partial to the frilly black lace trim.
7. Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow Eyeshadow and Powder Blush ($21): Beauty connoisseurs, get excited! If you were looking for an excuse to incorporate a hint of green shimmer into your NYE look, then this is it. Simply swipe a coat of this gel-powder eye shadow in an eccentric green hue onto your eyelids (or the corner of your eyes) for an extra dose of glamour.
8. ASOS Oversized Wrap Blouse With Dip Hem ($49): A dusty green wrap blouse with wear-everywhere appeal? We’re so down. Proceed to style this effortless top with high-performance leggings and tennies for a low-key weekend before dressing it up for the workweek with black slacks and d’Orsay flats.
9. Topshop Mesh Contrast Skater Dress ($92): When Greenery reads too bright, opt for a cool khaki hue that demands attention. This timeless fit-and-flare dress with mesh panels is not only universally flattering, but it’s guaranteed to turn heads this spring. Though, don’t be mistaken — it can be styled RN with an oversized parka, tights and suede ankle booties for a dialed-down look.
10. Rosie Neira Wrapped Fringe Sweater Skirt ($118): Greenery can understandably be a smidge bright in the dead of winter, when you’re set on wearing only neutrals. This subdued (yet still captivating) olive green fringe skirt will lend itself well to your arsenal of cream-colored fisherman sweaters and blush pink toppers.
11. & Other Stories Leather Zip Wallet ($60): It’s all in the details: This sleek black leather zip wallet with a perfect Kermit green interior will have you jumping onboard the Greenery bandwagon in no time. *Adds to cart without hesitation.*
12. Anthropologie Asymmetrical Ruffle Top ($58): Party right with this playful asymmetrical ruffle top that will look just as good with black culottes in the winter as a silk ivory maxi during the summer months. Style with chandelier earrings for an elevated look.
13. Fjallraven Re-Kanken Backpack ($90): Reach cool kid on the block status like that with this eco-friendly backpack in, you guessed it, yet another Greenery-friendly hue. You need not be actually heading to class to tote this durable backpack around town alongside a floral dress and old-school Chuck Taylors.
14. Kate Spade Out of Office Lime Long Pendant ($98): Um, yes, please. Whether you’re actually enjoying time out of the office or you’re just trying to keep the winter depression at bay, this whimsical lime green pendant will have you vacay-ready in two seconds flat. Pair ‘em with your new banana earrings and a white tee (or a tropical-printed frock) for no shortage of compliments.
15. Zoya Tilda ($10): Match your mani to the current Pantone Color of the Year? We thought you’d never ask. Described as a “warm mantis green,” this vibrant green polish will have you feeling revitalized just in time for 2017. Pro tip: Team it with an extra sparkly accent nail for a little extra flair.
16. Front Row Shop Woodbine Wool Slouch Longline Coat ($256): Channel a military vibe this winter/spring with this gorgeous pea green longline coat that calls for Doc Martens and a slouchy black beanie. The DGAF ‘tude will follow.
17. Party Skirts Palm Springs Lady Length Skirt ($127): As you begin pondering whether to plan a mid-winter getaway, we have the perfect Jamaica-bound skirt for you. This ladylike palm leaf printed skirt featuring our new fave hue of the season will make you want to reach for an itty-bitty bikini top and lace-up sandals.
Will you be incorporating Greenery into your spring 2017 wardrobe? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.