12 Crazy Comfy Trousers That Will Put Your Fave Denim to Shame
Jeans hold a place of prestige in almost every closet. They’re not only versatile, they’re also incredibly comfortable. There’s just no way to knock ’em. That said, mixing it up is essential to keep the wardrobe blahs at bay, and that doesn’t mean just finding new ways to style T-shirts and jeans. There are so many other cozy chic bottoms out there, so why limit yourself? When you’re ready to give your go-to denim a much-needed rest, you need a pair of pants that will step up to the plate. These 12 pairs of spring culottes, joggers, sweatpants and more majorly deliver, offering the ultimate balance of style and comfort. A word of warning: Your jeans might be spending a lot more time in the closet.
1. Missguided Rip Knee Joggers ($31): Rip-knee joggers beat out destroyed denim in the comfy department, hands down. Kick your lazy Sunday style into high gear by tossing on these peek-a-boo bottoms with a cropped turtleneck, bomber and slick silvery kicks.
2. Topshop Awkward Length Pleat Trousers ($70): Micro-pleats are big for spring 2016, so these striped trousers couldn’t have come at a better time. Don’t let their bold stripes fool you — the playful pants are just as, if not more, versatile than your favorite pair of jeans. Off-duty they kill it with casual tees and longline cardigans, while button-downs, blazers and sophisticated sweaters make a nine-to-five-ready look in seconds.
3. Staud The Uschi Culotte ($170): Cropped flares are having a major moment, but you don’t need to don denim to get in on the trend-right action. This stretchy, fringe-flecked pair gets the job done. Rock ’em with lace-up flats and a long side-split knit.
4. Selected Anzia Pants With D-Ring ($128): This printed pair does something your jeans totes can’t — kick it at the office. Pair ’em with structural pumps, an architectural top and fierce statement studs to send the #girlboss vibes into overdrive. Just chillin’? They instantly add oomph to all your basics.
5. Everlane Street Fleece Pant ($60): From the couch to the street, these sophisticated sweats deliver serious style every time you slip them on. While they’re shoo-in for Sunday brunch with your besties and skimmin’ the stacks at your fave record shop, dare to go there and wear them on date night. Chic mules, a sleeveless, asymmetric top and sleek choker scream laid-back cool.
6. Lavish Alice Dusty Blue Paper Bag Belted Trousers ($58): With a look that rolls style and comfort all into one, these pastel pants will send your tried-and-true jeans packing. The paper bag waistline adds intrigue to any getup. Layer them over a bodysuit with a dramatic open back or show off a sexy hint of midriff with a minimalist crop top.
7. Dolan Cutwork Joggers ($128): Don’t even think about ditching the jogger trend just yet — this laser-cut pair is totally game-changing. Playful cutouts and embroidery lend a modern, ladylike quality to a standard pair of joggers for an unexpected take on athleisure. For maximum impact, toss them over menswear-inspired flats and pair with a frilly-neck top and minimalist hoops.
8. FP One Three Wishes Sweatpants ($148): Lazy girls, rejoice! Chic embellishments and intricate embroidery details make these olive sweats feel surprisingly elegant. So the next time someone says you can’t go out in sweats, show ’em these. For a bit of military-chic appeal, top them off with a khaki jacket, slinky cami and layered chain necklaces.
9. Forever21 Ribbed Knit Pants ($23): With a wide-leg silhouette, elastic waist and stretch rib knit fabric, these cropped trousers are a triple threat. While the styling opportunities are endless, a choker top and lace-up heels will give them a refined, fashion-forward feel.
10. ASOS White Oversized Culottes in Gingham ($94): Consider these contemporary gingham culottes your must-have piece for spring. Balance out the billowy bottoms with a crop top and biker jacket that exudes attitude.
11. ADAY Slick Hail Yes Track Pants ($95): These slick trackpants have day-to-night chic in the bag with leather-look fabric (that actually lets you move) and rose gold zips. Take ’em for a run — for realz — then slip into heels, a silk cami and dazzling lariat for a GNO look that more than delivers.
12. Zara Ribbed Trousers ($20): These free wheelin’ ribbed trousers feel like sweats, but are so much more. They can hack it at the office with block heels and a graphic blazer, and they make a mean addition to your date-night wardrobe — just add a turtleneck tunic top and dramatic drop earrings.
Would you ditch your jeans for one of these cozy chic styles? For more style inspo, check out our Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.