19 Ways to Steal Lupita Nyong’o’s Best Look on the Daily
Sometimes you just need a little something extra to make the everyday feel a little more glam. Lupita Nyong’o made us swoon in a stunning pearl-studded Calvin Klein gown, which got us dreaming of elegant, lady-like embellishments that feel fresh and unexpected. We’re sharing 19 pieces to channel a little of Lupita’s show-stopping style without breaking the bank. Pearls have never looked so trendy.
1. Nasty Gal Pearling Out Bustier ($34): Switch out that slinky glittery top for a structured bustier with an elegant, feminine twist. These are definitely not your granny’s pearls.
2. Monsoon Jocelyn Bridal Pearl Clutch Box ($105): This might be called the “bridal” pearl clutch, but we think you should bust out this bad boy for any occasion.
3. Mixer Pearl Embellished Pull Over ($75): Hanging out in your sweats never looked so fancy.
4. Bauble Bar Gemini Pearl Choker ($36): Larger-than-life pearls are kind of a thing right now, in case you hadn’t noticed. If you’re going to pick up a pearl accessory this season, make it this edgy choker.
5. Truly You Embellished Shirt ($59): Spice up your nine-to-five duds with a classic white button down with serious flair. Pearl and bead embellishments bring the sparkle and shine to brighten up even the simplest office attire.
6. Joomi Lim Lost Innocence Choker ($168): Joomi Lim and pearls seem like an unlikely combination, but we’re loving the feminine touch they add to the brand’s signature spikes.
7. Daily Look Beaded Pearl Mesh Tank ($65): Pearls: sexy? When layered over sheer mesh, you bet. Throw it on over black jeans and peep-toe booties for a killer night out look. Add a black cami for more coverage.
8. Charlotte Russe Dollhouse Pearl-Embellished Single-Strap Heels ($25): Elevate your off-duty look with a pair of glammed-up steppers. We think these pretty pearls would pair perfectly with a flowing swing dress or midi skirt.
9. Rosantica Gold-Dipped Pearl Ear Cuff ($270): Now this is a piece that commands attention. Fresh water pearls and gold-dipped leaves come together for an extraordinary ear cuff that is both whimsical and edgy. Show it off with a wispy updo.
10. Oasis Pearl Trim Jumpsuit ($59): This is the ultimate in fuss-free dressing. With a built-in accessory, you’ll be ready to hit up the town in record time.
11. Topshop Pearl Round Sunglasses ($44): Round sunnies are the “it” shades right now. And while these circular shades make a bold statement on their own, the addition of pearls around the rims makes them even more eye-catching.
12. Sister Jane Faux-Pearl Embellished Blouse ($95): Pearl-embellished shoulders make this sweet bow blouse feel edgy without losing its feminine touch.
13. Mango Pearled Square Bracelet ($20): The traditional pearl bracelet gets a modern makeover with a structured brass band for a bauble that feels anything but square.
14. Amber Sceats Imitation Pearl Ear Crawler ($129): We’re diggin’ the fusion of futuristic and glam vibes this frosty crystal and pearl ear crawler is giving off.
15. ASOS Pearl-Embellished Body-Conscious Dress ($120): Make like Lupita and step out in a cream-colored dress with all-over pearl embellishments. Style it with a low, tousled updo and silvery sandals for a sophisticated look.
16. Accessorize Mini Pearl Clipframe Bag ($54): Add a bit of extra sparkle to your getup with a vintage-inspired clipframe pouch decked out in crystals, pearls and beads.
17. Ann Taylor Pearlized Front to Back Earrings ($40): Pearl earrings for the 21st century, these striking studs have gotten the celeb seal of approval, popping up on the ears of everyone from Emma Watson to Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna.
18. DKNY Pearl-Embellished Shirt ($298): Pearl embellishments add a touch of texture and a whole lot of character to a classic white shirt.
19. Aranaz Tigre Clutch ($310): You may be thinking, “Hey! Where are the pearls?” Well, we took a little liberty with this one and opted for mother of pearl instead, so you can still get in on the action without donning the timeless gem.
Which of these pearlescent pieces is your fave? Tell us in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.