19 Ways to Steal Lupita Nyong’o’s Best Look on the Daily
Sometimes you just need a little something extra to make the everyday feel a little more glam. Lupita Nyong’o made us swoon in a stunning pearl-studded Calvin Klein gown, which got us dreaming of elegant, lady-like embellishments that feel fresh and unexpected. We’re sharing 19 pieces to channel a little of Lupita’s show-stopping style without breaking the bank. Pearls have never looked so trendy.
1. Nasty Gal Pearling Out Bustier ($34): Switch out that slinky glittery top for a structured bustier with an elegant, feminine twist. These are definitely not your granny’s pearls.
2. Monsoon Jocelyn Bridal Pearl Clutch Box ($105): This might be called the “bridal” pearl clutch, but we think you should bust out this bad boy for any occasion.
3. Mixer Pearl Embellished Pull Over ($75): Hanging out in your sweats never looked so fancy.
4. Bauble Bar Gemini Pearl Choker ($36): Larger-than-life pearls are kind of a thing right now, in case you hadn’t noticed. If you’re going to pick up a pearl accessory this season, make it this edgy choker.
5. Truly You Embellished Shirt ($59): Spice up your nine-to-five duds with a classic white button down with serious flair. Pearl and bead embellishments bring the sparkle and shine to brighten up even the simplest office attire.
6. Joomi Lim Lost Innocence Choker ($168): Joomi Lim and pearls seem like an unlikely combination, but we’re loving the feminine touch they add to the brand’s signature spikes.
7. Daily Look Beaded Pearl Mesh Tank ($65): Pearls: sexy? When layered over sheer mesh, you bet. Throw it on over black jeans and peep-toe booties for a killer night out look. Add a black cami for more coverage.
8. Charlotte Russe Dollhouse Pearl-Embellished Single-Strap Heels ($25): Elevate your off-duty look with a pair of glammed-up steppers. We think these pretty pearls would pair perfectly with a flowing swing dress or midi skirt.
9. Rosantica Gold-Dipped Pearl Ear Cuff ($270): Now this is a piece that commands attention. Fresh water pearls and gold-dipped leaves come together for an extraordinary ear cuff that is both whimsical and edgy. Show it off with a wispy updo.
10. Oasis Pearl Trim Jumpsuit ($59): This is the ultimate in fuss-free dressing. With a built-in accessory, you’ll be ready to hit up the town in record time.
11. Topshop Pearl Round Sunglasses ($44): Round sunnies are the “it” shades right now. And while these circular shades make a bold statement on their own, the addition of pearls around the rims makes them even more eye-catching.
12. Sister Jane Faux-Pearl Embellished Blouse ($95): Pearl-embellished shoulders make this sweet bow blouse feel edgy without losing its feminine touch.
13. Mango Pearled Square Bracelet ($20): The traditional pearl bracelet gets a modern makeover with a structured brass band for a bauble that feels anything but square.
14. Amber Sceats Imitation Pearl Ear Crawler ($129): We’re diggin’ the fusion of futuristic and glam vibes this frosty crystal and pearl ear crawler is giving off.
15. ASOS Pearl-Embellished Body-Conscious Dress ($120): Make like Lupita and step out in a cream-colored dress with all-over pearl embellishments. Style it with a low, tousled updo and silvery sandals for a sophisticated look.
16. Accessorize Mini Pearl Clipframe Bag ($54): Add a bit of extra sparkle to your getup with a vintage-inspired clipframe pouch decked out in crystals, pearls and beads.
17. Ann Taylor Pearlized Front to Back Earrings ($40): Pearl earrings for the 21st century, these striking studs have gotten the celeb seal of approval, popping up on the ears of everyone from Emma Watson to Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna.
18. DKNY Pearl-Embellished Shirt ($298): Pearl embellishments add a touch of texture and a whole lot of character to a classic white shirt.
19. Aranaz Tigre Clutch ($310): You may be thinking, “Hey! Where are the pearls?” Well, we took a little liberty with this one and opted for mother of pearl instead, so you can still get in on the action without donning the timeless gem.
Which of these pearlescent pieces is your fave? Tell us in the comments!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!