19 Ways to Steal Lupita Nyong’o’s Best Look on the Daily
Sometimes you just need a little something extra to make the everyday feel a little more glam. Lupita Nyong’o made us swoon in a stunning pearl-studded Calvin Klein gown, which got us dreaming of elegant, lady-like embellishments that feel fresh and unexpected. We’re sharing 19 pieces to channel a little of Lupita’s show-stopping style without breaking the bank. Pearls have never looked so trendy.
1. Nasty Gal Pearling Out Bustier ($34): Switch out that slinky glittery top for a structured bustier with an elegant, feminine twist. These are definitely not your granny’s pearls.
2. Monsoon Jocelyn Bridal Pearl Clutch Box ($105): This might be called the “bridal” pearl clutch, but we think you should bust out this bad boy for any occasion.
3. Mixer Pearl Embellished Pull Over ($75): Hanging out in your sweats never looked so fancy.
4. Bauble Bar Gemini Pearl Choker ($36): Larger-than-life pearls are kind of a thing right now, in case you hadn’t noticed. If you’re going to pick up a pearl accessory this season, make it this edgy choker.
5. Truly You Embellished Shirt ($59): Spice up your nine-to-five duds with a classic white button down with serious flair. Pearl and bead embellishments bring the sparkle and shine to brighten up even the simplest office attire.
6. Joomi Lim Lost Innocence Choker ($168): Joomi Lim and pearls seem like an unlikely combination, but we’re loving the feminine touch they add to the brand’s signature spikes.
7. Daily Look Beaded Pearl Mesh Tank ($65): Pearls: sexy? When layered over sheer mesh, you bet. Throw it on over black jeans and peep-toe booties for a killer night out look. Add a black cami for more coverage.
8. Charlotte Russe Dollhouse Pearl-Embellished Single-Strap Heels ($25): Elevate your off-duty look with a pair of glammed-up steppers. We think these pretty pearls would pair perfectly with a flowing swing dress or midi skirt.
9. Rosantica Gold-Dipped Pearl Ear Cuff ($270): Now this is a piece that commands attention. Fresh water pearls and gold-dipped leaves come together for an extraordinary ear cuff that is both whimsical and edgy. Show it off with a wispy updo.
10. Oasis Pearl Trim Jumpsuit ($59): This is the ultimate in fuss-free dressing. With a built-in accessory, you’ll be ready to hit up the town in record time.
11. Topshop Pearl Round Sunglasses ($44): Round sunnies are the “it” shades right now. And while these circular shades make a bold statement on their own, the addition of pearls around the rims makes them even more eye-catching.
12. Sister Jane Faux-Pearl Embellished Blouse ($95): Pearl-embellished shoulders make this sweet bow blouse feel edgy without losing its feminine touch.
13. Mango Pearled Square Bracelet ($20): The traditional pearl bracelet gets a modern makeover with a structured brass band for a bauble that feels anything but square.
14. Amber Sceats Imitation Pearl Ear Crawler ($129): We’re diggin’ the fusion of futuristic and glam vibes this frosty crystal and pearl ear crawler is giving off.
15. ASOS Pearl-Embellished Body-Conscious Dress ($120): Make like Lupita and step out in a cream-colored dress with all-over pearl embellishments. Style it with a low, tousled updo and silvery sandals for a sophisticated look.
16. Accessorize Mini Pearl Clipframe Bag ($54): Add a bit of extra sparkle to your getup with a vintage-inspired clipframe pouch decked out in crystals, pearls and beads.
17. Ann Taylor Pearlized Front to Back Earrings ($40): Pearl earrings for the 21st century, these striking studs have gotten the celeb seal of approval, popping up on the ears of everyone from Emma Watson to Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna.
18. DKNY Pearl-Embellished Shirt ($298): Pearl embellishments add a touch of texture and a whole lot of character to a classic white shirt.
19. Aranaz Tigre Clutch ($310): You may be thinking, “Hey! Where are the pearls?” Well, we took a little liberty with this one and opted for mother of pearl instead, so you can still get in on the action without donning the timeless gem.
Which of these pearlescent pieces is your fave? Tell us in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.