14 Picture-Perfect Picnic Wedding Ideas You’ll Adore
Every picnic lover knows that a cute blanket, delish eats, and a summery cocktail or two make for the BEST day. Believe it or not, you can bring that same magic to your wedding with the outdoor-ready decor, favor, and food ideas below. Scroll on, and then get ready to start planning your intimate picnic nuptials.
1. Finger Foods: You’ll need some fresh air, cozy amenities, and bite-size eats to start off. Bring corn-on-the-cob skewers to help guests avoid the mess. (Photography: Constance Higley, Event Design: Sarah of Emma Mag)
3. DIY Drink Bar: Set up beverage stations — like this bloody mary one — so that everyone can enjoy the party all. Day. Long. (Photography: Allison Maginn Photography, Design: A Good Affair, Wedding & Event Production)
4. Lemonade Station: What’s a picnic without multiple flavors of delicious homemade lemonade? Spike a few with gin or vodka for an easy signature cocktail. (Photography: Powers Studios, Event Design: Bridal Bliss)
6. Outdoor Games: Encourage guests to mingle during photos and downtime. Besides, who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? (Photography: Brittany DeFrehn Photography, Event Designs: Bright Occasions)
7. Plaid Attire: Have the groom/groomsmen wear gingham under their vests to bring the theme to life. It’s a subtle and stylish way to tie everything together. (Photography: Amber Schonowitz of Schyne Photography, Event Design: Moana Events)
10. Cozy Seating: Get super comfy with low tables, plush pillows, and soft blankets. Your guests will appreciate the extra cushioning. (Photography: Acqua Photo, Event Design: Nicole George Event Planning & Design, Rentals: To Be Designed)
11. Picnic-Inspired Invites: Incorporate the outdoor vibes into your wedding invites with pictures, maps, and all the pretty details to come. (Stationery: Momental Designs, Calligraphy: Kelle McCarter)
12. Food Carts: We know your guests will love every second of this grab ‘n’ go situation. Even better if it’s a late-night snack. (Photography: Rebecca Ellison Photography, Hot Dogs: Dante’s Inferno)
13. Rustic Vibes: Create a centerpiece that is both rustic and romantic by using pops of colors and florals on long wooden tables. (Photography: James and Jess Photography, Event Design: Tyler Speier Events, Rentals: The Tent Merchant)
14. Romantic Picnic Shoot: Last but not least, throw down that blanket, open your basket of goodies, and take a seat with your love. Add a flower crown for extra whimsy. (Photography: Susie Marie Photography)
Now that you’re a professional wedding picnicker, what is your favorite picnic-inspired detail? Let us know in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)