12 Pigtail Hairstyles You Can Rock at Any Age
Yep, you read the title right. We’re here to give you a little PSA that pigtails aren’t just for school-goers. Whether you’re looking for the perfect braids to rock around the office or the hairstyle that will top off your Thanksgiving look, we’ve got a dozen pigtail hairstyles that you can wear at any age.
1. Fun Ponies: While we’re slightly obsessed with her hot pink lip color, we also love the braids-meets-pony style of her pigtails. Achieve this look by braiding a few inches down each side of your head and securing with an elastic. It’s that easy! (via The Glitter Guide)
3. Messy Pigtails With Headband: If you’re looking for the perfect hairstyle to wear on cozy, laid-back days, look no further. Complete your look with a headband and fun necklace for the ultimate shabby-chic vibe. (via Free People)
5. Pigtail Buns: Not ready for the full-on braided pigtails? Try out two buns instead. Just twist a couple sections of hair and tie off the look with an elastic or secure with bobby pins. (via Brit + Co)
8. Segmented Pigtails: Not only is our in-house beauty editor Misty Spinney totally owning the purple hair in this tutorial, but she also shows us how to get the perfect segmented pigtails: with a little teasing and a few elastics. You can get this adorable ‘do in under five minutes. (via Brit + Co)
9. Boho Braids: Bored of the boring braids? Even though summer has come and gone, we still think it’s totally acceptable to spice up your look with a flower headpiece. Because why not?! (via Become Gorgeous)
Will you be wearing pigtails this fall? Let us know you favorite way to wear them in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)