Taking Care of Business: 23 Stylish Home Office Hacks
We’ve shown you home offices that inspire, but if you have a little trouble just looking at pictures and going at it, don’t worry. We’re coming back to you with tutorials to take your own home office from humdrum to oh-hell-yes. DIY is the way to go when you’re organizing and decorating your home office. We all have specific space and style needs, so it’s nice to be able to customize pieces to fit into your lifestyle. Whether you’re just looking to update your desk or want to install some floor-to-ceiling shelving, there are lots of cheap options that repurpose furniture you may already have. Using inexpensive pieces from Ikea and the like, here are 23 home hacks to turn your space from a generic office into a stylish mecca of productivity.
3. Clip-On Desk Organizers: There is nothing more annoying than having a lot of pens on your desk that are always rolling onto the floor as you try to make room for piles of projects. These awesome DIY organizers keep things like pencils right in reach without cluttering up precious desk space! (via Brit + Co.)
4. Gold-Leafed Desk: This desk looks like a million bucks but with a little gold-leafing work and a simple Ikea desk (you’ll see Ikea is a common theme with office hacks), you can have this beauty in your personal office. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Brilliant Shelving: If you have some perfectly good shelves, but they just feel a little drab, you can instantly brighten up your office with some bold color. Use spray paint and you could be done with this hack in an afternoon! (via BHG)
11. Color Blocked Mood Board: That measly cork board not quite jiving with your style? How about this awesome, free-standing mood board that you can paint the perfect shade of productivity pink! (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. Pop-Up Pencil Holders: Why have a boring old pencil cup, when you could easily customize some adorable holders using those pop-up straw containers for some really cool, retro storage. (via Brit + Co.)
18. Fauxdenza: This is a quick and affordable DIY that is big on storage, but small on space, making it an ideal home office with all its closed storage to hide the inevitable clutter. (via Apartment Therapy)
21. Closet Office: Putting a little office in a closet is a great way to give yourself a little work space. If you leave the doors on the closet, you can literally close the door on all that paper clutter when you want. (via Casa Sugar)
22. Hidden Storage: Yes, we all have gorgeous knick knacks that we want to show off in our office, but there are always a few things that you just don’t want to look at. Try this turtorial to add a couple hidden spaces in your open shelving to maintain that clean look. (via Ikea Hackers)
Do any of these tutorials inspire you to hack your workspace? Let us know in the comments below!