20 Plus Size Party Dresses for NYE (+ Beyond)
Fact: You can never have too many party-ready options for your rotation of holiday shindigs, glitzy NYE fêtes and countless other functions that seem to fill your post-holiday season agenda. Whether you’re just not feeling the same old sequin dress or a last-minute outfit switcheroo is in order, that’s where having a slew of dependable party frocks comes in handy. From little lace numbers to timeless fit-and-flare silhouettes or the occasional pop of red, these 20 party dresses will put even your prized LBD to shame.
1. Forever 21 Plus Size Cutout-Back Mock Neck Dress ($33): Perfect for the holidays, or even Valentine’s Day, this red cutout dress demands attention. Edge it up with cage heels and a gold cuff for a sultry after-hours look.
2. ASOS Curve Festival Sequin Dress With Fringing ($117): Pull out all the stops with fringe and sequins for a going-out look that will take you into the wee hours of the morning. From watching the ball drop to partaking in drunken post-holiday shenanigans, the sky’s the limit with this dress.
3. ASOS Curve Wiggle Dress With Bow Shoulder Detail ($99): THAT bow. Take style cues from Audrey Hepburn with this charming sheath dress that is the epitome of old-school glamour. Team it up with a top knot and furry clutch for an upcoming gala or black tie affair.
4. Truly You Sequin T-Shirt Dress ($99): Lazy girls, rejoice! Let your hair down, throw on some off-duty sneaks and slip into this no-nonsense sequin dress that will make you look (and feel) like a million bucks.
5. Chi Chi London Plus Gold Jacquard Midi Bandeau Prom Dress ($116): This strapless beauty is an excuse to play dress up before the year is up. Complete the look with a wool topper and simple pearl studs for a glamorous evening on the town.
6. Club L Plus Maxi Dress With Cape ($72): Yes, you can justify adding just one more LND (Little Navy Dress) to your arsenal. This maxi dress (with a voluminous cape!) brings the high-drama appeal minus the diva ‘tude. For max perfection, class it up with some mega statement earrings.
7. Adrianna Papell Metallic Jacquard Fit & Flare Midi Dress ($180): Can you say winter dinner party-approved? Oh yeah! When hostessing duties call, this is the exquisite jacquard dress that you need in your life. Combat nippy temps with a faux fur stole and cream colored, elbow-length gloves.
8. Eliza J Embellished Mock Neck Chiffon Overlay Trapeze Dress ($178): Keep things light and airy with this navy trapeze dress that’s a welcomed break from all the seasonal red and green. #ProTip: Forgo the accessories and let the bejeweled mock neck do all the talking.
9. Marina Beaded Empire Waist Dress ($189): Calling all flapper girls: This delicate Gatsby-inspired dress, complete with tonal sequins, will straight-up stun no matter what the occasion. Tote around a minaudière and sport a well-coiffed ‘do to complete the look.
10. Boohoo Plus Ellie Wrap Front Shimmer Dress ($42): Outshine everyone on the dance floor with this ultra-shimmery gold wrap dress that’s perfect for New Year’s Eve and rooftop dinner parties. Style it up with a simple pendant necklace and Swiss dot tights for a look that cannot be ignored.
11. Eloquii Zip Front Lace Dress ($120): Take the corporate world by storm with this edgy-meets-feminine frock that can’t be ignored. The exposed zipper and allover lace make it the ultimate getup for the boardroom + post-work drinks.
12. Adrianna Papell Structured Cape Sheath Dress ($180): For a grand entrance, this red cape dress in disguise is guaranteed to hit the mark. With a strand of pearls and glass of bubbly in hand, you’ll be all set to network the night away.
13. Alice & You Velvet Mini Shift Dress With Fringed Detail ($54): Rock two trends at once with this velvet fringe dress that will be right in line with your free-spirited sensibilities. Pair with a rad choker necklace and retro Mary Janes for a one-and-done look.
14. ClubL Dress With Sequined Skirt ($91): You like sequins, but not enough to wear head-to-toe sparkles beyond NYE. Enter the conservative dress that is all party on the bottom and business on top. Throw some girly bow heels into the mix for your office’s upcoming holiday dinner and toast the night away.
15. Forever 21 Plus Size Metallic Sheath Dress ($23): Your everyday sheath dress just received a major upgrade, and in metallic silver no less. Perfect for date night or an evening out with your squad, this bodycon option would look ah-making with strappy steppers and a statement clutch.
16. Club L Plus Size Optical Illusion Maxi Dress ($64): At last: A below-the-knee dress that won’t cramp your style one bit. Ultra-flattering and totally work-appropriate, this sleek maxi is just the thing to wear for networking events or when the temps are downright chilly.
17. Missguided Plus Size Lace Strappy Dress ($68): Bachelorette party in the works? Feast your eyes upon the lace-trimmed, lingerie-esque number that reads bombshell-in-training when paired alongside silver pumps.
18. Club L Plus Long Sleeve Front Sequin Maxi Dress ($116): This red carpet-ready look calls for none other than a statement clutch, chic steppers and a bold red lippy. The sequin embellishment is seriously to die for.
19. Missguided Detail Bodycon Dress ($81): Outfit conundrums simply don’t exist when you have a dress with this much panache on standby. Complement the burgundy hue and silver grommets with a pair of hoop earrings and some edgy ankle booties.
20. SimplyBe Foil Print Maxi Dress ($118): Jam-packed with glitter, this stunning metallic maxi is perfect for a winter soiree or wedding (whether you’re the bride-to-be or maid of honor). Disco platforms and a hands-free bag are obligatory.
Which of these dresses would you wear? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.