13 Breathtaking Ways to Dress Up a Pool for a Wedding
Whether you’re planning a relaxed backyard wedding or an extravagant resort ceremony this summer, you might have to address a *big* question: how to decorate your venue’s pool. With so many gorgeous options, it can be difficult to choose. To help you decide which aesthetic fits you, keep scrolling to check out 13 stunning pool decor ideas. Give your wedding a pretty and playful look with bloom-filled pool floats, or scatter your favorite flowers for a dreamy display. Whichever one you go with, you’ll be sure to WOW your guests!
1. DIY Geometric Floating Flower Wreaths: This super simple floating flower wreath calls for flowers, foam core and a hot glue gun. While the project shown features geometric shapes, it’s super easy to customize — you can whip up a flower-covered monogram instead if you like! (via Paper & Stitch)
2. Roses + Peonies: This couple chose simple scattered flowers for their pool decor, but they still elicit a stunning visual effect. For a balanced wedding design, offset bright and colorful blooms with modern, masculine touches. (via Max & Friends / 100 Layer Cake)
3. Floating Message: When two graphic designers got married, they decided to decorate their wedding with (no surprise) big bold graphics! If you want to try this look, you can keep your floating letters from drifting apart by securing them to one another with clear fishing line. (via Mike Arick Photography / Wedding Chicks)
4. Swan Floats + Flowers: These swan floats are about as fun and modern as you can get. Pro tip: Put the flowers in tubs to keep them from spilling out of the floats. (via Amy Wennerlind and Kaitlin Emmerling from Love Lit Wedding Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
6. Floating Bouquet: Flower arrangements are a traditional staple of wedding decor. Give the classic a modern twist by displaying them in an unconventional way — in a pool! (via Christina McNeill Photography / Style Me Pretty)
7. Floating Balloons: Create this whimsical display by tying weights to the end of your balloon strings and positioning them throughout the pool. For extra pizzazz, consider adding mini lights inside the balloons to give them a luminescent glow in the evening. (via Kevin Chin Photography / Style Me Pretty)
8. Bouquets + Candles: Two romantic accents come together to make this pool decor look like a vision from your daydreams. To get the look, nestle a candle in a bouquet of flowers and scatter additional LED tea lights around them. (via Stacey Hedman / Project Wedding)
9. Floating Candles: For a cleaner aesthetic, skip the florals and stick to uniform floating candles. The glow from the candles come evening will be a welcome and lovely sight for your guests. (via Scott Surplice Photography / Nouba)
10. Candles + Flowers: Desert plants and natural eucalyptus foraged from the bride and groom’s property come together in this dreamy floral installation. If you’re digging the whimsical woodland vibes, gather your favorite florals and greenery, throw in a few candles and you’re all set. (via Heather Kincaid Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
11. Flowers + LED Candles: These beautiful floating pieces contain real flowers and LED candles. If you opt for real candles, keep them from dripping into the water by using a base to catch all the wax runoff. (via Michael Norwood Photography / Joyful Weddings and Events)
12. Rose Petals: When in doubt, scatter some flower petals and call it a day. This foolproof fancifier will add dimension, texture, color and romantic elements all in one. (via Jennifer White Photography / Rock n Roll Bride)
13. Tropical: Capture the tropical aesthetics of your wedding destination like this couple did for their Bali wedding. Choose unique summery flora and accent candles to set a cozy yet exotic atmosphere. (via Ricky & Co Photography / Style Me Pretty)
How will you dress up your pool for your wedding? Check us out on Pinterest for more wedding decor ideas!