7 Breathtaking Ways to Dress Up a Pool for a Wedding
Whether you’re planning a relaxed backyard wedding or an extravagant resort ceremony this summer, you might have to address a *big* question: how to decorate your venue’s pool. With so many gorgeous options, it can be difficult to choose. To help you decide which aesthetic fits you, keep scrolling to check out seven stunning pool decor ideas. Give your wedding a pretty and playful look with bloom-filled pool floats, or scatter your favorite flowers for a dreamy display. Whichever one you go with, you’ll be sure to WOW your guests!
1. DIY Geometric Floating Flower Wreaths: This super-simple floating flower wreath calls for flowers, foam core, and a hot glue gun. While the project shown features geometric shapes, it’s super easy to customize — you can whip up a flower-covered monogram instead if you like! (via Paper & Stitch)
2. Balloons: There’s no party a dozen or so balloons can’t improve! Dress up a plain pooland amp up the festivities with a ton of colorful fun. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. Boho Chic: Flower arrangements spread among these jungle-inspired accents will transport your guests to another place, all in the comfort of your pool house. Sunnylife Pineapple Float ($60), Sunnylife Retro Sounds Blossom Pink ($28), GreenLighting Mercury Globe Decorative Indoor Outdoor Party String Lights ($40), H&M Palm-Patterned Cushion Cover ($10), CB2 Kini Small Natural Rattan Lantern ($50)
4. Floating Balloons: For the young couple, try creating a fun balloon display by tying weights or floats to the end of the strings and positioning them throughout the pool. (via Valorie Darling / Brit + Co)
5. DIY Beach Ball Backdrop: Two romantic accents come together to make this pool decor look like a vision from your daydreams. To get the look, paint paper lanterns with beachy pastels and adhere them to the wall for photobooth or dance floor decor; add some lights inside for the perfect glow. (via Sugar & Cloth)
6. Minimalist Chic: Grab some of these essentials for a pool party so clean and classy you can keep it up long after the wedding. #Floaty Shell Float ($78), Kikkerland Silver Globe String Lights ($12), Oh Happy Day Mylar Script Balloon ($9), Sunnylife Mermaid Bottle Opener ($18), Fred & Friends Rainbow Party Cup ($16)
7. Preppy Chic: Desert plants and succulents come together with a fun resort vibe in this dreamy vacay-by-the-pool party scene. Ban.do Float On Giant Innertube ($24), Kate Spade New York Two of a Kind Gold Dot Shaker ($50), Sunnylife Cactus String Lights ($26), Slant Collections Take Me to the Beach Stemless Wine Glass ($13), PBteen The Emily & Meritt Cabana Stripe Beach Towel ($29), Oh Happy Day Two Tone Paper Lanterns ($6),
More Ideas To Consider:
8. Flowers + LED Candles: These beautiful floating pieces contain real flowers and LED candles. If you opt for real candles, keep them from dripping into the water by using a base to catch all the wax runoff. (via Michael Norwood Photography / Joyful Weddings and Events)
9. Rose Petals: When in doubt, scatter some flower petals and call it a day. This foolproof fancifier will add dimension, texture, color, and romantic elements all in one. (via Jennifer White Photography / Rock n Roll Bride)
10. Tropical: Capture the tropical aesthetics of your wedding destination like this couple did for their Bali wedding. Choose unique summery flora and accent candles to set a cozy yet exotic atmosphere. (via Ricky & Co Photography / Style Me Pretty)
How will you dress up your pool for your wedding? Check us out on Pinterest for more wedding decor ideas!