What’s Poppin’: 18 Popcorn Blends for Binge-Watching Madness
Forget greasy potato chips, friends; today, it’s all about crispy and crave-worthy popcorn. In its simplest form, popcorn is a blank canvas that encourages us to get creative and enjoy it any way we want it. Some take things to the next level with sticky ‘n’ sweet popcorn balls or marshmallow popcorn bars, but if you’re looking for an even simpler snack hack, go for a sweet or savory seasoning blend. Cue up Netflix and grab a big blanket and a gargantuan sharing bowl, because your binge-watching is about to get a whole lot better with these 18 smashing popcorn blends.
1. Birthday Cake Popcorn: Even if it isn’t your birthday, it’ll certainly feel like it is when you chomp on a handful of this sweet and colorful treat. Plus, a quiet night in with your fave and a movie is always worth celebrating. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Maple Bacon Popcorn: Because everything is better with bacon — even already delicious popcorn. If you’re a sucker for all things sweet and salty, then this is a bowlful of your wildest dreams, complete with salty bacon bits and maple brown sugar. (via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
3. 5-Minute Coconut Oil Sriracha Popcorn With Nori: If you want to really step outside the box, this healthy bowl of savory popcorn has it all. With a spicy Japanese twist, this blend offers incredible umami flavors in addition to lots of fiber, protein and other nutrients. Go ahead, have seconds; heck, have thirds! (via Root and Revel)
4. Snickerdoodle Caramel Corn: Nothing beats a fresh, warm Snickerdoodle straight outta the oven… except maybe Snickerdoodle popcorn. In all of its cinnamon-y simplicity, this crunchy snack is highly addictive. You’ve been warned. (via Smells Like Home)
5. Harissa-Spiced Popcorn: There are plenty of ways to spice things up on the couch, and tossing your popcorn in Harissa is one of them. You may never go back to your old buttery popcorn ways after enjoying the warm flavors of the cumin, paprika and pepper flakes. (via For Those Who Savor)
6. Churro Popcorn Recipe: Sometimes in life, we’re forced to make hard decisions. But why decide between the two snacks you love the most? Just blend them into one glorious masterpiece. In this case, churros and popcorn become one, and we definitely approve. (via Little Inspiration)
7. Spicy Honey Sesame Caramel Popcorn: Life’s too short to eat boring food, so take your regular ol’ caramel corn and fancy it up with some sesame seeds, honey and Sriracha. You’ll become an instant addict to this brilliant combo of spicy, salty and sweet. (via Warm Vanilla Sugar)
8. Buffalo Wing Popcorn: Frank’s Hot Sauce — some people literally put that stuff on everything! Popcorn included. And who could blame them? This popcorn has all the flavor of Buffalo sauce, but it’s mixed with a buttery caramel to avoid becoming soggy and maintain that crunch. (via Whole Bite Blog)
9. Vegan Nacho-Style Popcorn: All the flavors of nachos and none of the grease? Sounds pretty good to us! These popped kernels are tossed in an easy-to-make oregano-infused oil and shaken in a blend of Mexican spices. Ah, and since you can’t have nachos without cheese, nutritional yeast is used for that magical dairy-free cheesiness. (via The Green Life)
10. Coconut Chocolate Popcorn: Coconut and chocolate are a killer combination, and we’ve seen plenty of it in desserts; now it’s in popcorn, and we’re doing our happy dance. If you’re the type to opt for a hot cup of movie-time coffee rather than soda, this popcorn medley is ALL for you, babe. (via Mitzy at Home)
11. Blueberries and Cream Popcorn: This unique treat is *super* hard to resist. The best part is that you only need three ingredients: blueberries, white chocolate and, of course, popcorn. So if you’re craving sweet summer-y flavors but don’t want to delay movie time too much, whip up a batch of this. (via Rachel Cooks)
12. Apple Spice Popcorn: Seasonal flavors are always worth getting excited about, and it’s finally time to prepare for ciders, pumpkin-spiced everything and apples galore. This apple-y popcorn is here just in time. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
13. Minions Popcorn Snack Mix: It can be a challenge to convince little ones to eat a healthy snack. And when you don’t give in, you’re made to feel downright despicable. But there’s hope! This Minion-themed popcorn is loaded with peanuts and pretzels and is totally kid-approved. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
14. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn: The combination of chocolate and peppermint just screams “winter holidays.” When you plan for your Christmas movie marathons this year, jot this recipe down. It will pair wonderfully with hot cocoa, coffee with Bailey’s and your fave Christmas classics. (via Inquiring Chef)
15. Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn: Herbs and cheese go together like peas and carrots — and this is way better than peas and carrots. The earthiness from the fresh rosemary combined with the nuttiness of the browned butter is to die for. Put down a large bowl of this for your next Superbowl or awards show party. (via Bijoux and Bits)
16. Truffle Parmesan Popcorn: The next time you host a book club meeting or Gilmore Girls marathon, impress your pals by throwing a dash of sophistication over your popcorn in the form of truffle salt. It plays off the Parmesan amazingly, and you won’t be able to stop yourself from shoving handfuls of it into your mouth. (via A Sip of Bliss)
17. Lemon Meringue Gourmet Popcorn: Lemon meringue pie, though incredibly delicious, can be a royal pain in the butt to make if you don’t bake often. If the craving hits, opt for this easy and crunchy popcorn variation that uses lemon curd and meringue, and is finished with a crumbled cookie top. WHUT! (via Flavours and Frosting)
18. Parmesan and Sea Salt Popcorn: Those of you who like to keep flavors clean and enjoy foods in all of their simplicity — we hear you. Sometimes sugar and spice just isn’t what you’re looking for, and if you’re not feelin’ it, this lightly flavored popcorn is perfection in a bowl. (via Rachael Adele)
For more incredible snacking ideas, pop on over to Pinterest!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.