Movie Night Makeover: 15 Amazing Popcorn Toppings
Popcorn: It’s the snack for all seasons and all reasons. Need a sweets fix? Craving something salty? Looking for the missing piece to your movie night? Popcorn to the rescue! Give this snack staple a makeover and try out these delicious, new topping combinations. Trust us: Movie night is about to get even better (and waaaaaay more delicious).
2. Rosemary, Brown Butter, Lemon Popcorn: Buttered popcorn goes all grown-up in this flavorful spin on a classic treat, starring tart lemon, herby rosemary and, the ultimate comfort-food flavor, rich brown butter. Movie night will never be the same. (via BuzzFeed)
3. Ras el Hanout Spiced Popcorn With Dark Chocolate Drizzle: Smoky, spicy ras el hanout is heavenly when paired with rich, dark chocolate. And when that genius pairing takes place on top of some fresh popcorn? Yeah, our mouths are watering too. (via Always Order Dessert)
5. Furikake Popcorn: Furikake is a spice blend made out of seaweed, salt, sesame seeds and sugar. Usually reserved for rice, this yummy mix is the perfect salty sweet popcorn topping. (via Honestly Yum)
9. Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn: This colorful, sugary kick is coming at you thanks to Funfetti cake meeting the crunchy glory of popcorn. It’s a festive comfort food mashup that comes together in no time. (via Mrs. Schwartz’s Kitchen)
11. Stove Top Popcorn With Chili Powder and Dark Chocolate: A little sweet with a little heat — we can’t get enough of this chili and chocolate combo. (via Cookie and Kate)
What’s your favorite movie night snack? Share your faves in the comments below!