34 Ways to Pull Off Boho Style Post-Festival Season
Summer’s winding down, a new school year is already underway and Coachella is sadly a very distant memory. Despite autumn being on the horizon, don’t be so quick to stow away all of your festival-ready threads just yet. Who’s to say that wide-leg pants, fringe-tastic vests and show-stopping ankle boots can’t make a smooth transition into the real world (read: the non-festival scene) this fall? If ’90s style essentials are alive and well, then the ‘70s totally deserve a comeback too. Make way for 34 post-festival season pieces that will have you channeling your inner boho goddess like that.
1. Free People Born to Be Wild Pant ($128): These rust-colored bell bottoms were made for strutting your stuff in the boardroom and glamping in the mountains. Complement the high waist with a bow-neck blouse or dress it down with a vintage t-shirt. Either way, you’ll be looking all sorts of fierce, especially with a faux fur vest and chunky T-strap clogs in tow.
2. Local Heroes Girl Power Patch Pack ($14): Settling for streamlined denim just doesn’t seem right when you have the option to deck out your jeans with quirky iron-on patches. This sassy set of girl power embroideries is for the lady boss who likes her canvas totes, denim jackets and jeans blinged out with a DIY aesthetic.
3. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Kendall Platform Heel ($160): So much YAS. Here’s your second chance to rock that coveted socks-with-heels look that seems to make a reappearance every fall. If you dig the chunky block heel look (right on trend for fall, BTW!), then these squared-toe beauties will easily become your new obsession. Style ‘em with everything from a denim pinafore dress to throwback flares for a retro look that’s so RN. Cherry printed ankle socks unfortunately not included.
4. YSTR Chloe Blouse ($178): Introducing the dreamy oversized blouse you’ll reach for time and time again. Think: borrowed-from-the-boys, but geared toward your ultra-feminine sensibilities. You can style it for your nine-to-five with a flouncy black skirt or channel a lazy-girl ‘tude with some weekend-ready boyfriend jeans. Your move.
5. Madewell Rivet & Thread Denim Duster Coat ($178): Step aside, sporty bomber jackets and suede toppers — there’s a new coat in town. An of-the-moment denim duster is exactly what the doctor ordered for autumn days when you have *nothing* to wear. This tailored coat, featuring a tie-waist and deep pockets (!), looks best with tortoiseshell shades and dark wash jeans for a denim-on-denim look that reads woman-about-town.
6. Reformation Brooklyn Top ($168): For the woman who’s got places to go and people to meet, this is the non-fussy silk wrap top you needed in your life yesterday. Not only does it require zero styling (just pop it on with high-waisted denim flares), but the understated sex appeal is undeniable. Sign us up, please.
7. Topshop Moto Badge Lucas Jeans ($100): DO keep your sequined and embellished boyfriend jeans in rotation post-festival season madness. Give pajama dressing a go by throwing on a slinky metallic blouse, then adding ankle-strap steppers into the mix, for a look that’s ready to light up the dance floor.
8. Mango Buttoned Suede Skirt ($80): At the heart of every fall capsule wardrobe is a wear-with-everything button-front suede skirt that can be styled no fewer than a million and one ways. Going hand-in-hand with your beloved turtleneck pullovers (all the cozy vibes, please!), this mini skirt featuring contrasting suede panels will be the wardrobe workhorse you didn’t know you needed, but now can’t live without.
9. Wilfred Arrowhead Blanket ($98): Between late-September tailgates, bonfires and haunted hayrides, you’ll find an occasion or two to whip out this secret weapon in disguise. Made of exceptionally soft Australian wool, it’ll serve double-duty as a blanket, scarf and wrap for maximum warmth. The Aztec print and frayed edges will lend instant Southwestern flair to anything from leather leggings to a corduroy jumper dress.
10. J.Crew Belted A-Line Skirt in Denim ($98): Take style cues from your hip mama with this belted A-line denim skirt resembling a vintage flea market find. Make the librarian look chic again (‘bout time!) by throwing it on with a printed bow-neck blouse, a slouchy waffle knit cardigan and suede ankle boots. To complete your bookish look, smart specs and a top knot are definitely in order.
11. Urban Outfitters Cotton Patterned Square Neck Scarf ($12): Wardrobe ruts simply don’t exist when you have a patterned square neck scarf in your arsenal for safekeeping. It has a way of elevating the most blasé looks — try tying it around your neck or knotting it around a leather tote for a chic accent. Pro tip: Pair it with a chambray shirt or a striped tee for a look that’s part boho, part Parisian.
12. H&M Dress With Lacing ($25): You know that tried-and-true festival-going frock? Well, it’s back for round two. We’re low-key obsessed with this floral lace-up dress featuring wide sleeves and a comfy elastic waist. All that’s missing is a black wide-brimmed hat and cowgirl boots for an easy-to-style look that doesn’t mess around.
13. After Party by Nasty Gal Seeing Shred Flannel Top ($58): The recipe for a perfect fall #OOTD may or may not include some form of lived-in flannel teamed with mom jeans and ankle booties. This red lumberjack plaid shirt, featuring an oversized fit and allover distressing, should call to mind your favorite hipster coffee shop.
14. Zara Mid-Length Printed Dress ($50): An entrance-making ruffled dress is non-negotiable if you plan on attending any number of fall weddings, banquets or wine tastings in the countryside. Between the off-the-shoulder action and frilly details at the sleeve, this ethereal piece can do no wrong. Style it with a fishtail braid and a bold red pout for the ultimate statement.
15. Sézane Patti Bag ($315): Channeling a folksy-meets-prairie-chic look this fall, will invest in a fringed cross-body bag for on-the-go style. Gear up for the crisp fall days ahead by pairing this moon-shaped leather bag with ruffled blouses, ditzy floral maxis and snuggly knits galore for a trip to the pumpkin patch or an Oktoberfest gathering.
16. New Look Studded Mini Saddle Bag ($16): Cue the cowgirl in all of us: This studded mini saddle bag is the perfect alternative to your fringed cross-body sac from Bonnaroo. Not only does it force you to lug around less, but its compact size is made for running errands or grabbing lunch with your girlfriends.
17. Nasty Gal Pat Benatar Heartbreaker V-Neck Tee ($58): Babe alert! This Pat Benatar graphic t-shirt is giving us ALL the ‘80s feels. You need not be heading to a rock concert to sport this tee on numerous occasions — like on your way to work (slip this bad boy on with a black pencil skirt) or on date night (hello, suede shorts and leather moto jacket).
18. Mishky Hamsa Layers Necklace ($93): Keep the post-festival season vibes going with this beaded layering necklace featuring a hand pendant charm, freshwater pearl and playful black tassel. Toss this unique statement piece on with all your bell-sleeve frocks, chunky knit sweaters and crochet blouses for a hippie chic look.
19. Scotch & Soda Leather Bucket Bag ($198): New season = fresh opportunity to test-drive a game-changing new look. AKA, you best be investing in some next-level Beyoncé-esque bag swag. This star-studded bucket bag, with Western influence and no shortage of fringe, will allow you to tote around just the essentials for a GNO or an outdoor bluegrass festival.
20. Zara Metallic Raincoat ($70): Turn down a rain slicker with this much A-game swagger? Not on our watch. Make a vow to look fly for your Monday through Friday with this metallic raincoat that will give you a reason to look forward to rainy days. Did we mention it plays well with nubby knits, denim cutoffs and heeled ankle booties for a totally boss look? Oh yeah.
21. Ulla Johnson Magre Moccasin Boots ($525): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up a pair of these to-die-for moccasin boots you’ll inevitably want to pair with every fall look from here on out. Before the temps drop, they’ll look DDG with distressed shorts and a knit poncho for an end-of-summer camping trip. Fast-forward to brisk October mornings, and these suede beauties can be teamed with skinny jeans and striped socks for a dash of personality.
22. Vanessa Mooney The Pendant Bolo ($63): We’re currently coveting this faux suede choker necklace made for contemporary boho babes alike. The whimsical charms on the ends will lend a little extra sumthin’ sumthin’ to every daytime casual look — team it with a fedora and neck-plunging maxi for instant street style cred.
23. H&M Tiered Chiffon Skirt ($30): This chiffon floral skirt will inspire you to ditch the stuffy blazers and trousers for a more carefree style. Peter Pan collars, we love you, but an off-the-shoulder top is so much more our speed this season. Opt for a daring lariat choker and free-wheelin’ mules for a getup that would do the ‘70s proud.
24. Tibi Alpaca Pompom Cropped Sweater ($450): You can refer to us as that girl sporting big poms on her sweater until further notice. Prep for the chilly weather ahead with this cropped merino wool-blend sweater that’ll look just as refined with black culottes for the office as a fit-and-flare skirt and riding boots come apple pickin’ season.
25. Wilfred Birdie Skinny Scarf ($45): Step one: Casually wrap this skinny silk scarf around your neck. Step two: Add a swingy fringed vest and printed palazzo pants. Step three: Take your rightful place as a self-proclaimed boho goddess. REPEAT.
26. The Fifth Label Flash Light Midi T-Shirt Dress ($60): Since wearing a snuggie to and from work isn’t going to cut it, this chevron striped t-shirt dress will have to do. For mornings when you just can’t deal (and pressed snooze one time too many), this hero piece can be slipped on with minutes to spare. Toss it on with tough-girl Chelsea boots and rock messy bedhead for a look that stuns beyond the festival grounds.
27. Sam Edelman Jericho Fringed Suede Over-the-Knee Boots ($325): In the midst of fleeting trends, a pair of the season’s most sought-after fringed OTK boots will speak volumes this fall. They’re a no-brainer when it comes to dialing up the drama on your go-to tunic dresses, leather minis and even plain ol’ leggings.
28. Madewell the Classic Clog ($168): ‘70s-inspired clogs? Don’t mind if we do. These bad boys will not only give you legs for days (we’re looking at you, petite girls!), but they’ll give you an excuse to finally snag the bell bottoms of your dreams. Major bonus: The slide-on style means you can take ‘em off during your lunch break and slip ‘em right back on for your two o’clock meeting.
29. Ulla Johnson Imane Dress ($449): Perfect the art of transitional dressing with this effortless scarf-inspired silk dress that’s easy like Sunday morning. Layer it underneath a denim jacket for your morning commute before tossing on a fedora and aviators for an afternoon spent soaking up rays in the park. Life is hard.
30. Wilfred Crémazie Skirt ($95): Usher in a laid-back boardroom-ready look with this camel suede midi skirt that will make you look instantly more polished. The peekaboo slit shows off just the right amount of leg without drawing any side-eye from HR. Try an ultra-femme peasant blouse for the a.m. before swapping it out for a come-hither silk cami after hours.
31. Madewell B Sides Reworked Vintage Jeans: Two-Tone Edition ($385): Track down the quintessential pair of vintage jeans? We’re already on it. These reworked two-tone jeans are straight out of the ‘70s era — proceed to style them with a streamlined button-down or a black lace-up bodysuit for a relaxed look that works its magic around the clock.
32. J.Crew Wide-Brimmed Italian Wool-Felt Hat ($75): Play up your mysterious side with this Italian wool-felt hat that even preppy girls will flock to. For a classic back-to-school look, style it with a quilted jacket, white jeans and Breton stripes — or gear up for homecoming (and every other fall function in your iCal) by pairing it with a lace frock and over-the-knee boots. Fall cannot come soon enough.
33. YSTR Ziggy Overall ($198): This little one-piece wonder checks all the boxes (and then some) for a throw-on-and-go look that slays. These cut-to-order overalls not only fit to flatter, but they’re made for lazy girls who want to appear put-together — minus the effort. Channel both comfort and sophistication in one swift move by layering this cross-back number over a tomboy-chic button-down and slipping into some open-toed mules.
34. Zara Denim Jacket With Patch at the Back ($70): Enter the frayed denim patchwork jacket that’s equal parts punk and festival-going queen. Tap into your ‘90s roots by throwing it on alongside a flowy maxi skirt and combat boots for a getup that exudes confidence.
Will you be channeling a boho look this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.