9 Easy Post-Swimming Hairstyles for Wet Strands
The summer is made for all-day-long poolside relaxation. Friends will come over, frosé will be served, and — of course — Instagram photos will be snapped. That said, ‘dos you can style in a matter of minutes with post-pool, wet hair are key to ensuring you’ll always be ready for your next closeup. Here are nine simple styles to master for after you dry off.
1. Imperfectly Looped: Take 60 seconds to twist your hair into a low bun to keep it from looking like a tangled mess (it happens!). The pieces that stick out through the center of your knot make it look like you didn’t try too hard — just a little. (via Cosmopolitan)
2. Woven Bun: A bouncy, fluffy bun is a look you can easily take from the pool to a party. This voluminous updo is insanely simple to toss up, making it ideal when you want to look put-together in five minutes flat. (via Saving Our Strands)
3. Space Buns: Twirling your hair into two trendy knots lets you show off your personality while getting your hair out of the way. (via My Natural Sistas)
4. Slicked-Back: Take full advantage of your soaked locks by making your hairstyle look totally intentional. The name of the game with this ‘do is sleek and streamlined, so brush those strands back until they’re totally locked down. (via Byrdie)
5. Knots on Knots: If you’re looking for an Insta-worthy hairstyle minus the fuss, this is it — get ready for tons of Likes. The pieces that naturally fall down only add to the carefree feel of this stunner, so let this ‘do do its thing, naturally. (via Be Modish)
6. Half-Up Elegance: A touch of understated glitz can go a long way — take it from this basic-turned-elegant ‘do. Layer, layer, layer that hair until you’ve got a halfie in place, then tie it all together (literally) with a minimalist accessory. (via Say Yes)
7. Twisted Milkmaid: The twisted milkmaid look is even better than the OG braided style, honestly. The best part about these tied-up strands is that they’ll air dry beautifully. Be prepared to own your I-woke-up-with-perfectly-tousled-hair. (via Song of Style)
8. Souped-Up Ponytail: This anything-but-average pony is sporty and stylish at the same time — and it gets your hair off your back and neck. Just make sure you have several hair ties on hand! (via Longhairstyles2015)
9. Triple Coils: Meet your new, go-to style if you’re looking for fun in the back and formal in the front. This playful ‘do looks better when it’s wet and slicked down, which is perfect for those of us who live in the water this time of year. (via Hair Romance)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)