13 Kate Spade New York-Inspired Office Decor Ideas for the HBIC
You got your dream job — congrats! Now it’s time to create a sophisticated and sleek office, complete with lots of glam accessories. Kate Spade New York is the master of this look, so we suggest turning to the label to inspire your workspace, wherever that may be! Scroll down to see the 13 designer-inspired offices that’ll keep you feeling like the HBIC.
1. Good As Gold: A desk with gold detailing is the perfect way to help you get the job done while lookin’ uber sharp in the process. (via The Glowing Fridge)
2. Show Your Stripes: If changing the office furniture isn’t an option, snag the designer’s aesthetic by working with the floor instead. A bold, striped rug will transform your spot so much that you might be excited to tackle that full inbox. (via The Everygirl)
3. Flower Power: Bring some awesome blossoms to your new position with a floral backsplash. If maintenance isn’t onboard with the wall makeover, give temporary wallpaper options a try or use the print as a bulletin board background. (via Amber Oliver)
4. Feminine Features: With a lucite chair, furry accents, and a striking piece of pastel wall art, you can achieve a feminine workplace that highlights the #girlboss you are. (via Style Your Senses)
5. Bring the Brights: Project your confidence with bright and bold chairs and rugs. A yellow statement seat will guarantee you that extra attention you’ve worked hard for. (via Home Decoration)
6. Throw It In: Even if you’ve got the decor nailed, a little spotted detail — like this fun throw pillow — can lend your space *all* the KSNY vibes you were going for. (via Sayeh Pezeshki)
7. Dotted Delight: Speaking of spots, you can splash them all over your desk with removable countertop paper! Such a whimsical piece is bound to put you in a better mood as you get down to business. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Let It Pop: Showcase some color in the most unexpected places (think: desk trays, file folders, and card holders) for a cheery room KSNY execs wouldn’t mind having a meeting in. (via 11 Magnolia Lane)
9. Show Your True Colors: You’re happy about the new role, so let it show! Bright wall decor and accessories will exude an equally giddy feel to all who stop by. (via Oh Happy Day)
10. Top Shelf: Try a fresh, sophisticated take on basic office staples. Shelving is the perfect place to mix it up a bit, and these gold brackets are something we can’t wait to get started on. (via The Fashionista Diary)
11. Gallery Wall: It wouldn’t be a proper Kate Spade New York roundup without a fun gallery wall, complete with a fun graphic print to match. (via Chronicles of Frivolity)
12. Perfect Pairings: Pink + black + white = the prettiest minimalist palette ever. Toss in some gold trinkets and you might just want to move in full time. (via Glitter Guide)
13. The Everything Office: Combine cues from all the gems above into the ultimate office space. We promise, with all the added elements, it’ll be a place worth getting ready for each morning.
Want more designer-inspired home decor ideas? Follow us on Pinterest @BritandCo!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.