This Big-Batch, Pressure-Cooked Chili Recipe Can Feed You (and Your Neighbors)
- 2 cups broth of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 2 bell peppers, large dice
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained
- salt and cayenne, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese or nutritional yeast, to garnish
- guacamole or freshly sliced avocado, to garnish
In the pot of a multicooker, combine all ingredients in the order they appear. Secure the lid and lock. Cook on chili/bean setting or on high pressure for about 15-20 minutes.
Quick-release, carefully remove lid, and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Salt and/or sprinkle cayenne pepper to taste.
Divide chili in bowls, garnishing with shredded cheddar cheese and guacamole (or avocado).
Transfer leftovers to an air-tight container, and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Flavor will improve each day as the spices sink into the ingredients.