10 Products and Tools to Help You Explore Your Creative Side
It’s never too late to learn something new, and if you’re using the New Year as motivation to find that new a new skill, you’re in luck. Whether it’s learning to knit, make artisanal soaps, do modern calligraphy, or create beautiful works of art, you can find some inspiration — and supplies — at Walmart. Take a look at our picks for crafty kits to start you on the right track to mastering a brand new hobby. (And check out some of our online classes!)
1. US Art Supply 14-Piece Acrylic Painting Set ($20): Looking to become the next Rembrandt? It all starts with the right tools. This 14-piece kit includes an easel, canvas panels, and six colors to get you started on your first masterpiece.
2. Caran d’Ache, Pablo Permanent Colored Pencils ($56): These colored pencils have alllll the shades you’ll need.
3. EverSewn Ultimate Sewing Starter Kit ($73): Thinking of getting into sewing? This kit has the supplies you need to start your dainty stitching.
4. Brother Full-Size Sewing Machine ($80): This Brother machine looks as good as it sews. It’s great for everyday sewing and has the settings for different kinds of stitches.
6. Learning Knitting Teacher Kit ($32): Knitting is a hobby that everyone can enjoy. Make your own hats, scarves, and yes, even some cute sweaters after you learn the basics using this handy kit.
7. Prismacolor Premier Beginner Hand Lettering Set ($15): Hand-lettering takes some dedication to master, but once you do, it’s an excellent way to show off your creativity. This set has all you need to get you started.
8. Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint Machine ($231): Sync up your tablet and get creating designs for cards, t-shirts, wall decals, wooden signs, leather, and more.
9. Life/Party Soap Making Kit 101 ($20): Aching to start that all-natural soap Etsy shop? First thing’s first. Learn to make your own luxurious soap with this simple kit.
10. Mini Iron II + Tip Set ($48): Dollmakers, paper crafters, stencilers and other hobbyists need the right tools to keep those delicate projects looking neat. This set includes a mini iron plus several tips for all the types of jobs.
Do you have any recommendations for hobby supplies? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.