12 Tutorials to Bring PSL to Your DIY Beauty Routine
Pumpkin Spice Latte addicts, listen up. Imagine being able to rub that fragrant seasonal spice all over your body. Now imagine being able to make that product with just a few items from your pantry. It’s time to let your pumpkin and PSL obsession go on an adventure with your beauty routine. The season’s favorite spices are actually great for scrubs and butters. Cozy up to these autumn-inspired beauty treats and give yourself an at-home pampering day — you deserve it!
1. Pumpkin Spice Soap: There are only three ingredients in these creamy shea butter soap bars. If that is too much, you could even opt out of the soap colorant or swap it for some natural colorants like annatto or calendula. (via Happiness is Homemade)
2. Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Face Mask: This mask’s main spice ingredient can be both friend and foe. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to pull back on the cinnamon amount and then add more as you get comfortable. You should feel a slight tingling sensation that is super refreshing. (via Liz Marie Blog)
3. Gingerbread Scrub: You probably have everything you need for this in your kitchen cabinets right now. Brown sugar, olive oil, ground ginger and some pumpkin pie spice are all it takes to make this delectable sugar scrub. (via Wallflower Girl)
4. Sugar Scrub Cubes: This recipe is not quite as edible because it incorporates soap. But, you get a great lather with your scrub, whereas normally you would need to use two products. Win-win! If you are feeling fancy, pop them into fun molds instead of ice cube trays for a great holiday gift. (via Hello Natural)
5. Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm: The cinnamon in this pumpkin spice lip balm gives your lips a subtle tingling sensation. Not only does this lip balm smell delicious and give your lips a glossy tint, the natural antioxidants in pumpkin make it healthy for your lips. (via Humblebee and Me)
6. Pumpkin Apple Mask: Given the benefits of pumpkin, it is only right to make a mask and let your face soak in all the natural goodness it offers. Save the leftover mask mix in the fridge — it should last up to two weeks! (via Hello Natural)
7. Pumpkin Spice Whipped Body Butter: This body butter takes a little extra work, but it is so worth it. Make a double batch and wrap it with a bow for the perfect gift. The vitamin E will also help it last for several months. (via This Rollercoaster Called Life)
8. Coffee Sugar Scrub Cubes: With winter’s dry air, these coffee scrub cubes are just what your skin needs. The exfoliating scrub has almond oil in it to revitalize dry skin, while the coffee helps to improve circulation and tighten skin. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
9. Orange Spice Bath Salts: Cinnamon is the secret ingredient that warms up this citrus-based bath soak. And with only three ingredients, it’s super easy to make. You’ll be soaking in the bathtub with a nice glass of [insert your favorite drink here] in no time. (via Bulk Apothecary)
10. Pumpkin Spice Latte Face Mask: Get ready to open the kitchen cabinets because you probably have everything you need for this mask. To make this an everyday scrub, add extra pumpkin puree. For dry skin, replace the teaspoon of cinnamon with a half a teaspoon of yogurt, and use apple cider vinegar for oily skin. (via HGTV)
11. Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub: This recipe doesn’t actually call for any pumpkin, but the brown sugar and pumpkin spice are all you need. It smells like pumpkin pie and will make your skin as smooth as a pumpkin. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
Which one will you whip up first? Tell us in the comments below!