12 Tutorials to Bring PSL to Your DIY Beauty Routine
Pumpkin Spice Latte addicts, listen up. Imagine being able to rub that fragrant seasonal spice all over your body. Now imagine being able to make that product with just a few items from your pantry. It’s time to let your pumpkin and PSL obsession go on an adventure with your beauty routine. The season’s favorite spices are actually great for scrubs and butters. Cozy up to these autumn-inspired beauty treats and give yourself an at-home pampering day — you deserve it!
1. Pumpkin Spice Soap: There are only three ingredients in these creamy shea butter soap bars. If that is too much, you could even opt out of the soap colorant or swap it for some natural colorants like annatto or calendula. (via Happiness is Homemade)
2. Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Face Mask: This mask’s main spice ingredient can be both friend and foe. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to pull back on the cinnamon amount and then add more as you get comfortable. You should feel a slight tingling sensation that is super refreshing. (via Liz Marie Blog)
3. Gingerbread Scrub: You probably have everything you need for this in your kitchen cabinets right now. Brown sugar, olive oil, ground ginger and some pumpkin pie spice are all it takes to make this delectable sugar scrub. (via Wallflower Girl)
4. Sugar Scrub Cubes: This recipe is not quite as edible because it incorporates soap. But, you get a great lather with your scrub, whereas normally you would need to use two products. Win-win! If you are feeling fancy, pop them into fun molds instead of ice cube trays for a great holiday gift. (via Hello Natural)
5. Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm: The cinnamon in this pumpkin spice lip balm gives your lips a subtle tingling sensation. Not only does this lip balm smell delicious and give your lips a glossy tint, the natural antioxidants in pumpkin make it healthy for your lips. (via Humblebee and Me)
6. Pumpkin Apple Mask: Given the benefits of pumpkin, it is only right to make a mask and let your face soak in all the natural goodness it offers. Save the leftover mask mix in the fridge — it should last up to two weeks! (via Hello Natural)
7. Pumpkin Spice Whipped Body Butter: This body butter takes a little extra work, but it is so worth it. Make a double batch and wrap it with a bow for the perfect gift. The vitamin E will also help it last for several months. (via This Rollercoaster Called Life)
8. Coffee Sugar Scrub Cubes: With winter’s dry air, these coffee scrub cubes are just what your skin needs. The exfoliating scrub has almond oil in it to revitalize dry skin, while the coffee helps to improve circulation and tighten skin. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
9. Orange Spice Bath Salts: Cinnamon is the secret ingredient that warms up this citrus-based bath soak. And with only three ingredients, it’s super easy to make. You’ll be soaking in the bathtub with a nice glass of [insert your favorite drink here] in no time. (via Bulk Apothecary)
10. Pumpkin Spice Latte Face Mask: Get ready to open the kitchen cabinets because you probably have everything you need for this mask. To make this an everyday scrub, add extra pumpkin puree. For dry skin, replace the teaspoon of cinnamon with a half a teaspoon of yogurt, and use apple cider vinegar for oily skin. (via HGTV)
11. Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub: This recipe doesn’t actually call for any pumpkin, but the brown sugar and pumpkin spice are all you need. It smells like pumpkin pie and will make your skin as smooth as a pumpkin. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
Which one will you whip up first? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)