Hiking is fantastic and biking is a good time, but what about romantic adventures on those gloomy, stormy days? Don’t let a little weather get in the way of your next springtime date. If you’re planning to spend some quality time with your boo, there are plenty of options for a date night (or day) to remember. With a little creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, rainy day dates might just be your new fave. So listen up: Before you go don your LBD, check out these 12 ideas for a rockin’ rainy day date.
1. DIY Fort: It’s a fact that we heart forts. Make a cup of hot cocoa and snuggle up together under your homemade tent for a cozy night in. (via Brit + Co)
2. House Projects: Whether you’re a homeowner or renter, there are probably projects you’ve been meaning to do. Put on some dancin’ tunes and get those four hands to work. (via Showcase Realty)
3. Bookstore Visit: Barnes and Noble is an awesome place, but there are lots of local bookstores with even greater treasures. Spend a peaceful afternoon avoiding the wet in some old stacks. (via iUMBC)
4. Rain Gear: Spring is just going to be wet. Period. Why not go shopping for some new rain gear to keep you dry on your adventures? (via Skinny Minority)
5. Coffee Shop: Everyone knows the future is a bright place. Take an hour or two sipping your favorite cup of joe and plan your next vacation or house project or dinner party. (via Melanie Gabrielle Photography)
6. Learn a Language: We’ve all dreamed of speaking French or Portuguese like a pro. Why not give it a go and then quiz each other on what you learned? (via Brit + Co)
7. Board Games: How long has it been since you’ve played Scrabble? Time to dust off those boxes of games and have a duel to the death… err, dinner. (via Amagico)
8. Laser Tag: Not all dates have to be just the two of you. Grab some friends for a group date at your closest laser tag spot. Losers buy pizza. (via Laser Play)
9. Bath Time: Take a few minutes to turn your bathroom into a mini spa and then pour the wine and get to soakin’. (via At My House)
10. Romantic Movie: Rainy days are perfect for snuggling up to watch your favorite romantic flick. May we suggest Singing In The Rain? (via The Prisma)
11. Hotel Stay: Why not ditch your place for a romantic overnight stay at your favorite hotel? It’s your time to wine, dine and relax without all the cleanup. (via Innovation Edge)
12. Dance: If you’re a couple that’s adventurous at heart, embrace the rain and have a waltz through the puddles. (via Pixgood)
How do you and your SO spend your rainy days? Tell us below!