15 Non-Traditional Hot Cocoa Recipes for Winter
Once you have your festive or DIY mug situation sorted out, isn’t it time you filled it? These 15 non-traditional cocoas are just what you need. Going beyond the packet and expected milk-sugar-chocolate mix, these recipes bring a whole new world of flavor to your cup. Get ready for some sips both hot and cold, child-friendly and cocktail-hour-ready and much much more.
1. Frozen Hot Chocolate: This concoction may be chilly, but it’s a delicious drink regardless of the temperature outside. Since it’s made without premixed cocoa, you can tailor the chocolate and sugar levels to your preferences. (via Your Cup of Cake)
4. Hot Fluffernutter Cocoa: Considering how awesome chocolate-p.b. and marshmallow-chocolate unions are, it’s kinda surprising that we haven’t seen this flavor trio come together in a cup sooner. (via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
6. Tahini Hot Chocolate (Dairy-Free): Take the tahini out of the dip bowl (hello, hummus) and add a few scoops to your next cup of cocoa. Its creamy nuttiness offers quite the enhancement. (via Bon Appétit)
13. Hot Chocolate on a Stick: These solid hot chocolate pops make great homemade gifts or party favors. Simply stir them into a mug of steaming hot milk, et voila, instant hot cocoa. (via The Tomkat Studio)
14. Pistachio Cardamom Hot Chocolate (Vegan): Using homemade pistachio-cardamom milk makes this hot chocolate deliciously dairy-free. Simply leave off the toasted ‘mallow for a vegan-friendly version. (via Savory Simple)
What’s your favorite way to make a cup of cocoa more unique? Share your ideas with us below.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!