29 Totally “Raw”some No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Have you ventured into the realm of raw food yet? It might sound like a scary place, but if you take a closer look, you’ll find lasagna made out of zucchini, “cheese” made out of nuts and cold soup galore. It can be a delicious adventure, especially on the sweeter side of things. Raw desserts are a completely guilt-free treat. Not only are most of them gluten- and dairy-free, but they’re packed with fresh ingredients. So if you’re feeling inspired by all that beautiful produce that’s popping up at your local farmers market, check out these 29 amazing recipes and prepare to be blown away.
2. Mango Cheesecake With Hazelnut Crust and Crumble: This cheesecake calls for frozen mangos so you can make it any time of the year. The hazelnut crust and crumble adds some extra flavor and texture to the coconut and mango filling. (via Flip Flops and Avocados)
3. Salted Chocolate Pecan Pie Brownies: Aside from pre-soaking the dates, the prep time for these divine bars is only 10 minutes. With three decadent layers of salted chocolate, sweet pecan filling and rich chocolate brownie, it’s pure indulgence. (via Damy Health)
4. Berry Tarts: The secret ingredient for that pretty pink color? A pinch of beet powder! Thanks to fresh berries and a coconut pistachio crust, you have a very tasty tart on your hands. (via Olives For Dinner)
5. Chocolate Banana Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream: The raw version of whipped cream usually involves coconut milk, because it’s thick and creamy. Don’t think of it as a downgrade from “real” whipped cream. Coconut adds some amazing depth to your desserts, especially chocolate banana pie. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
6. Single Serving Blueberry Pies: Aside from being a helpful portion-controlled size, little pies are just downright adorable as elegant party desserts or special treats for an after school snack. (via Damy Health)
14. Fig, Cherry, Lavender and Honey Cake: Honey cake says spring like no other dessert. With bits of lavender flowers throughout, not only is it beautiful but healthy. Figs help with blood pressure, and cherries improve sleep quality. (via Ascension Kitchen)
15. Minty Chocolate Cream Bars: The base is an oat date crust, the middle is creamy chocolate and the top is an avocado-mint mixture that makes for one exquisite dessert. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
19. Chocolate “Creme Brulee” Pudding: You know that classic Jell-O chocolate pudding that we all loved as kids? Well, here is an option that tastes just as good, is ridiculously easy to make and is uber good for you! (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
22. Vegan Tiramisu With Vanilla Cream and Coffee Ladyfingers: How is it possible that simple raw ingredients like nuts and fruits can produce a dessert this beautiful and delicious? (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
23. Nanaimo Bar: In case you don’t know, a nanaimo bar has three layers: a chocolate nut crust, a minty custard middle and a fudgy chocolate top. This bar has it all except for that pesky white flour, white sugar and white pudding. (via Wholehearted Eats)
24. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars With Hot Fudge: Finally an amazing raw cookie dough that you can let your kids eat (okay, we know you want it too). Eat it out of the bowl or press it into bars, put it in the freezer and eat it later covered in warm vegan fudge sauce. (via Averie Cooks)
25. Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake: As delicious as it is, dairy is one of the culprits that causes bad skin. So imagine how your face will be glowing when you start enjoying decadent chocolate ice cream cake made only with coconut and cashews. (via Ascension Kitchen)
27. Healthy Brownie Bites: Supremely rich and fudgy, you’ll never miss cake pops again after giving this recipe a try. They’re made with cashews, which are softer and creamier than other nuts. Basically, they’re Mother Nature’s butter. (via Averie Cooks)
29. Chocolate Fudge Fridge Cake: This is a truly death-by-chocolate cake that whips up in a matter of minutes, then sets in the fridge and is made even more delicious with raspberries and almonds. (via Gourmande In The Kitchen)
Do any of these recipes inspire you to get your raw on? Let us know in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.