Whether you make it from scratch or simply buy it from the grocery store down the street, ricotta is a terrifically versatile cheese to keep on hand at all times. You can use it to create an irresistible topping for crostini, as the base for tasty dips and, of course, go the ever-popular lasagna route. But don’t just take our word for it, scroll through our collection of 15 fantastic recipes that put this fresh cheese to good use and see for yourself!
1. Grilled Bread with Ricotta and Tomatoes: An easy alternative to margarita pizza, simply toss some bread on the grill, spread with ricotta and sprinkle with ripe tomatoes and a mix of straight-from-the-garden herbs. (via Bon Appétit)
9. Pizza Rustica: This may also go by the name of “Easter pie” but we’re not going to relegate this indulgent, layered tart to springtime — in fact, it has winter dinner written all over it! (via NPR)
11. Ricotta Gnudi: This ever-popular dish from The Spotted Pig in NYC can be finicky, but once you master the technique for making these soft, rich dumplings at home there’s no looking back. (via Serious Eats)
12. Roasted Strawberry + Ginger Ricotta Cheesecake: Wow. Roasting strawberries with a few spoonfuls of sugar and balsamic vinegar concentrates their flavor while creating a gorgeous glaze. Coupled with a gingersnap crust in place of the expected graham crackers, this is one cheesecake folks are certain to swoon over. (via Rasberri Cupcakes)
13. Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Crostini: Five ingredients, a little bit of grill action and a few minutes of slicing and spreading is all it takes to whip up these tasty bites. (via A Happy Food Dance)
15. Whipped Ricotta with Sweet Lemon-Basil Pesto and Grilled Pita: A couple minutes in the food processor transforms plain ol’ ricotta into a fluffy, smooth dip that pairs wonderfully with a unique, honey-sweetened and lemon-scented pesto and grilled pita. (via Yes to Yolks)
What’s the most unexpected way you’ve used up a tub of ricotta? Share with us in the comments below!