24 Ways to Doll Up Your Toast
Toast, glorious toast: It’s our favorite breakfast staple — and we also want it at lunch, dinner, as an appetizer. Even though it’s plain amazing with butter and jam, there’s nothing better than upgraded toast. Give it a fancy makeover by transforming it into a bruschetta, a crostini or a tartine. Get started with one of these 24 fancy toast makeovers.
1. Eggplant Salad Toast: Sharp Parmesan and warm eggplant are combined with arugula and garlic, then perched on a toasted slice of ciabatta. Paired with a simple salad, this hearty toast would make an incredible lunch or light dinner. (via The Cozy Apron)
3. Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Gruyere Toast: Like kale and bacon, roasted Brussels sprouts is a food trend we hope never goes out of fashion. And who can resist this pairing of salty, melted gruyere and crispy roasted Brussels sprouts with caramelized edges, all balanced on a thick slab of bread? (via Feed Me Phoebe)
4. Persimmon Pear Caprese Toast: Not sure what to do with gorgeous persimmons? Fold them into this unconventional caprese! Traditional fresh basil and mozzerella cozies up with slightly more eccentric toppings like pear and persimmon. The results are visually stunning and totally scrumptious. (via Joy the Baker)
5. Smashed Beet, Crispy Chickpea and Mint Crostini: The colors and textures here are out of this world. Jewel-toned beets, crunchy chickpeas and fresh mint collide on warm toasted bread. A syrupy drizzle of balsamic finishes off this stunning and unusual toast. (via Daily Candy)
6. Crispy Proscuitto and Avocado Salad Toast: Avocado toast is seriously the breakfast of champions. Tomatoes, fresh pesto and crispy prosciutto elevate this staple to absurdly delicious heights. (via The Cozy Apron)
7. Roasted Grape Ricotta Crostini With Rosemary and Pinenuts: Roasted grapes are turning up on food blogs everywhere lately. They provide an unexpected warm, sweet pop of flavor. Here they’re paired with additional goodies — fresh ricotta, rosemary, honey and toasted pine nuts. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
10. Harissa, Avocado and Egg With Goat Cheese and Honey Drizzle: Kiss your boring breakfast sandwich goodbye and embrace this decadent dolled up avocado toast. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Pumpkin Bruschetta: Stop leaving pumpkin behind in autumn. Bring it out to play on pumpkin bruschetta. While pumpkin is fun in pies and sweets, it really shines when it’s transformed into a savory snack. (via Kwestia Smaku)
13. Roasted Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Potato and Ricotta Crostini: A hearty combination of incredible textures — roasted brocolli rabe, warm sweet potatoes and ricotta. Yum. (via Food52)
18. Grilled Corn, Crema Mexicana and Cilantro Crostini: Don’t leave that corn on the cob. Let it hang out with mouthwatering toppings on some incredible toast. It’s a tasty twist on a summertime classic. (via Bon Appetit)
22. Fava Bean and Radish Bruschetta: Light and lovely, this is a super healthy, still-scrumptious variation on fancy toast. Bright green fava beans and shredded radishes add a beautiful pop of color. (via The Kitchn)
23. Avocado Asparagus Tartine: It’s a whole delectable green salad on top of a toast. Grilled asparagus, avocados, raw greens and crunchy pepitas offers a festival of textures and flavors. (via 101 Cookbooks)
So, what’s topping your toast these days? Have any favorite toast recipes? We want to hear about them! Let us know in the comments.