24 Ways to Doll Up Your Toast
Toast, glorious toast: It’s our favorite breakfast staple — and we also want it at lunch, dinner, as an appetizer. Even though it’s plain amazing with butter and jam, there’s nothing better than upgraded toast. Give it a fancy makeover by transforming it into a bruschetta, a crostini or a tartine. Get started with one of these 24 fancy toast makeovers.
1. Eggplant Salad Toast: Sharp Parmesan and warm eggplant are combined with arugula and garlic, then perched on a toasted slice of ciabatta. Paired with a simple salad, this hearty toast would make an incredible lunch or light dinner. (via The Cozy Apron)
3. Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Gruyere Toast: Like kale and bacon, roasted Brussels sprouts is a food trend we hope never goes out of fashion. And who can resist this pairing of salty, melted gruyere and crispy roasted Brussels sprouts with caramelized edges, all balanced on a thick slab of bread? (via Feed Me Phoebe)
4. Persimmon Pear Caprese Toast: Not sure what to do with gorgeous persimmons? Fold them into this unconventional caprese! Traditional fresh basil and mozzerella cozies up with slightly more eccentric toppings like pear and persimmon. The results are visually stunning and totally scrumptious. (via Joy the Baker)
5. Smashed Beet, Crispy Chickpea and Mint Crostini: The colors and textures here are out of this world. Jewel-toned beets, crunchy chickpeas and fresh mint collide on warm toasted bread. A syrupy drizzle of balsamic finishes off this stunning and unusual toast. (via Daily Candy)
6. Crispy Proscuitto and Avocado Salad Toast: Avocado toast is seriously the breakfast of champions. Tomatoes, fresh pesto and crispy prosciutto elevate this staple to absurdly delicious heights. (via The Cozy Apron)
7. Roasted Grape Ricotta Crostini With Rosemary and Pinenuts: Roasted grapes are turning up on food blogs everywhere lately. They provide an unexpected warm, sweet pop of flavor. Here they’re paired with additional goodies — fresh ricotta, rosemary, honey and toasted pine nuts. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
10. Harissa, Avocado and Egg With Goat Cheese and Honey Drizzle: Kiss your boring breakfast sandwich goodbye and embrace this decadent dolled up avocado toast. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Pumpkin Bruschetta: Stop leaving pumpkin behind in autumn. Bring it out to play on pumpkin bruschetta. While pumpkin is fun in pies and sweets, it really shines when it’s transformed into a savory snack. (via Kwestia Smaku)
13. Roasted Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Potato and Ricotta Crostini: A hearty combination of incredible textures — roasted brocolli rabe, warm sweet potatoes and ricotta. Yum. (via Food52)
18. Grilled Corn, Crema Mexicana and Cilantro Crostini: Don’t leave that corn on the cob. Let it hang out with mouthwatering toppings on some incredible toast. It’s a tasty twist on a summertime classic. (via Bon Appetit)
22. Fava Bean and Radish Bruschetta: Light and lovely, this is a super healthy, still-scrumptious variation on fancy toast. Bright green fava beans and shredded radishes add a beautiful pop of color. (via The Kitchn)
23. Avocado Asparagus Tartine: It’s a whole delectable green salad on top of a toast. Grilled asparagus, avocados, raw greens and crunchy pepitas offers a festival of textures and flavors. (via 101 Cookbooks)
So, what’s topping your toast these days? Have any favorite toast recipes? We want to hear about them! Let us know in the comments.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.