We’ve written about the fishtail braid, the mermaid braid and everything in between. Braids are easy to do and give you loads of style when you’re wrapped up in scarves and hats. While not really a braid (it’s more of a twist), the rope braid is everything right now. Consider it the more modern “braid” that is all about disheveled, windblown texture. That’s why these 11 looks should be added to your hair repertoire stat.
1. DIY Rope Braid Updo: Classy but playful, a rope braid would be an unexpected hairstyle for a wedding or fancy party. (via Once Wed)
2. Celebrity Style: Nina Dobrev rocks the rope braid on the red carpet with a deep side part and lots of volume at the base. (via Huffington Post)
3. Twisted Ponytail: Dress up a sleek, low braid with a headband to make it a little fancier. (via Deb Shops)
4. Wrap Around Rope Braid: To create this extra-pretty take on the rope braid, you’ll start twisting a section from around your face and then connect it with the main braid at the nape of your neck. (via Dirty Looks)
5. Rope Braided Buns: A perfect style for every day or an evening out, you can whip out this sleek look in 10 minutes flat. (via Ma Nouvelle Mode)
6. Knotted Crown: Wear your hair long and free or wrap it up in a bun for a professional look you could take to the office. (via Sincerely Kinsey)
7. Rope Braid Side-Do: To create a more complex style, braid three ropes together into one braid while keeping the top loose and twisted. (via Darling Magazine)
8. Rope Bun: Dress up the simple bun by adding in a few more twists. This is a five-strand rope bun, and the more strands you add, the more intricate it will look. (via Ducklings In a Row)
9. Rope Milkmaid: Cover up your dirty hair with a romantic fake milkmaid braid that gets your long hair up off your neck. (via Refinery 29)
10. Soft Fairytale Hair: Relaxed but still modern, this soft rope headband is the perfect accent to rolling curls for a look that is perfect for all kinds of wedding styles. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
11. Thick and Twisted: You might want to consider getting some extensions to get a rope braid this long and thick. (via Girls Best Day)
What’s your favorite go-to braid style? Talk to us in the comments below!