Smashbox + Santigold Just Designed The Most Amazing Makeup Line EVER
Remember the apocalypse? You know, the one a couple years ago that was supposed to end the world? Well, that didn’t happen, but this did — this being the inspiration for indie musician Santigold’s new out-of-this world cosmetic collaboration, Santigolden Age with Smashbox Cosmetics.
We have always had a crush on Santigold’s style (we totes go way back, even when she was SantOgold) and it’s present in this 11-piece line, launching April 1. The inspiration came from picturing what a post-apocalyptic makeup counter where aliens and surviving humans alike might shop. The result is this gilded collection of bold makeup designed to becomes its own accessory. Take a first look now!
1. Double-Ended Limitless Eye Liner in Azurite Is Never Wrong and Yellow Dwarf/Green Martian ($24 each): The perfect liner to motivate you to try out all of those looks you see in magazines but never do at home. C’mon, we’ll join you!
2. Eye-Shadow Collage in Apocalypse Now and Earth As We Know It ($36 each): Santi even sketched the design for these snakeskin-embossed eye palettes. “This collection looks good on all different skin colors, and that was something that was important in designing it,” she says. Can we just say: THANK YOU, S!?
3. Nail Polish Art Strips ($49 for each set): The next time your dude grumbles about going shopping with you, point out that Santigold’s husband Trevor “Trouble” Andrew worked with her to create these rich nail wraps. He’ll probably be like, “huh?” But we’ll back you up!
4. Be Legendary Lip Gloss in All Gold E’rything and Hot Lava ($20 each): We’re glad these glosses provide non-stop shine because we can’t stop drooling over the typography on these pieces. Hello, inspo for our next DIY project.
5. Be Legendary Lipstick Ring in Still Kickin’ ($49): We haven’t worn a lipstick ring in way too long and we are excited to bring it back. If this makeup made up a runway show, the Swarovski-dotted pyramid ring would be the pièce de résistance, strutting out at the very end and making jaws drop.
What is your favorite piece? Share below and Tweet us your favorite makeup trend of the spring –> @BritandCo!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.