17 Savory Apple Dishes Ripe for the Pickin’
Apples sweeten our lives, whether as a standalone snack or part of a classic dessert. But it’s time to live a little. By paring them with ooey-gooey cheese, pork or even fall vegetables, we have 17 nifty new reasons to eat an apple a day. These 17 sweet + savory selections are just what the doctor ordered.
5. Asian Slow Cooker Pork With Zucchini Carrot + Apple Noodles: Bust out the spiralizer for apple and veggie noodles, a gluten-free bed for this awesome pulled pork. (via Healthy Nibbles & Bits)
6. Sweet Potato and Apple Latkes: Applesauce is usually served on the side, but try a sweeter version of this holiday classic, which uses tart green apples, sweet potatoes and shallots. (via Leite’s Culinaria)
7. Brussels Sprouts Pumpkin and Apple Hash: Could a heartier side dish scream “fall” louder than this? With Brussels, pumpkin, apples, cranberries and bacon, we think not. (via Running to the Kitchen)
14. Caramelized Onion Tarts With Apples: Throwing together these tarts is easy peasy. Grab a few red apples, frozen puff pastry and leeks, and you’ll have splendid little bites for any occasion. (via Happy Serendipity)
17. Kale, Apple + Onion Pizza With Cauliflower Crust and Butternut Squash Cheeze Sauce: Now we’re talking healthy with pizza straight from the garden. Vibrant cauliflower crust makes a home for more veggies and apple. (via Hungry Curious)
Excited down to your core? If you’re ready to explore the other side of apples, share your comments below.