When it comes to foods served on sticks, candy apples are right up there as one of our favorites. These 12 recipes elevate the classic candy– and caramel-coated treats to new heights. Go on, have a bite — each creation is a terrific antidote to chilly fall days!
1. Dulce de Leche Candy Apples: Double up the caramel-y goodness by using dulce de leche-flavored coffee creamer in lieu of plain ol’ heavy cream. (via Handmade Mood)
2. Bloody Caramel Apples: No hard sugar coating here; instead, an oozy, blood-red caramel covers up these apples. (via Foodie Crush)
3. Candy Apple Hot Buttered Rum: Warm up with a mugful of this spiced rum (or bourbon or booze-free) cider. (via Joy the Baker)
4. Chocolate Apples: We love the use of cinnamon sticks as handles for these salted chocolate-covered apples. (via Dine + Dash)
5. Poison Toffee Apples: Trust, the sinister hue of these toffee apples is totally harmless. (via Simply Delicious)
6. Candy Apple Cookies: Sliced apples are topped with caramel and your favorite candies to create these flourless cookies. (via Brit + Co)
7. Snow White’s Candied Apples: Teeny cinnamon candies add an unexpected bit of heat to the coating for these enchanted apples. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
8. Candied Country Crab Apples: If you can get your hands on teeny crab apples, you’re in for a real treat. Enrobed in a light sugar coating, they’re a nice sweet-n-sour nibble! (via Farmette)
9. Cinnamon Candy Apple Cocktail: Cinnamon-flavored tequila and sour apple liqueur are colored, then carefully layered to create this high-proof sip. (via Boulder Locavore)
10. Butterfinger Caramel Apples: Crushed Butterfingers with their nutty, chocolatey crispiness are wonderful sprinkled on just-dipped caramel apples. (via Pass the Sushi)
11. Caramel Apple Muffins: A cross between cupcakes and muffins, each bite of these tasty baked goods is packed with all the usual caramel apple elements. Yum! (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Mini Caramel Apples: Scoop mini rounds from your favorite apple variety using a melon baller to create these ingenious, bite-sized desserts. (via At Home in Love)
What’s your ideal candy apple combo — do you go with something classic or a bit more unconventional? Let’s talk about these treats in the comments below.