10 Creative Ways to Finish That Jar of Applesauce
Applesauce is one of those items we all buy, use once or twice to make a pretty cake for company, and then forget about as it sadly languishes in the back of the fridge until Thanksgiving comes around :( We know that trying to figure out what to do with leftovers can be a pain, so we pulled together some of the most delicious ways to use up what’s left in the jar.
1. Raw Energy Bars: Quick and easy to make, these bites combine textures and tastes to make a treat you can take on the go. They’ll keep as long as you leave them in the freezer, so they’re a great option for breakfast on rushed mornings. (via The Fitchen)
3. Applesauce Parfait With Cinnamon Breadcrumbs: You can use yogurt in place of whipped cream to turn this recipe from a dessert into a healthy breakfast. Dollop in that leftover applesauce and you’re practically done with this last-minute meal! (via Food52)
5. Whole Wheat Applesauce Loaf Cake: Okay, so maybe this is a traditional way to use applesauce, BUT the dessert is so rich and so moist, we just couldn’t pass it up! Plus, this recipe is supremely versatile — use it to make muffins, cupcakes or even layer cakes! (via eat, live, run)
6. Raspberry Crumb Muffins. Using applesauce instead of oil produces baked goods that are more moist and dense than they would normally be, which makes these muffins extra delicious and a little healthier, too. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Applesauce Granola: Expect a baking sheet full of BIG hunks of granola (those are the best bits!) when you use applesauce to make this AM snack. We won’t tell if you pop a few in your mouth before the milk hits the bowl ;) (via Two Peas & Their Pod)
8. Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork: Get ready for it: in this recipe, you slow cook the pork IN the applesauce! The sweetness of applesauce combines with the meat to make the most moist and juicy pork you’ll ever taste. Top with BBQ sauce and dig in! (via Culinary Hill)
9. Whole Wheat Applesauce Pancakes With Fresh Peach Compote: There’s no oil or butter in these heart-healthy pancakes, so go ahead and serve yourself a towering stack! (via Farmgirl Gourmet)
10. Apple Cheesecake Smoothie: This smoothie may taste like a drinkable dessert, but its combination of egg whites, yogurt and soy milk make it a healthy alternative to more sugary sweets. (via The Healthy Foodie)
Do you have any special ways to use leftover applesauce? Let us know in the comments below!