You’re a Disney princess at heart, but you’re looking to take it to the dark side for Halloween. But not too freaky. Or gross. You still want to look, well, sort of pretty and chic. It’s a tall order for sure, but we’re always up to the challenge. We’re sharing 14 spooky-light ideas that will make you the belle of the Halloween ball.
1. The Woman in Black: Is she at a funeral or straight out of a Vogue editorial? Model your darkness this Halloween as a mysterious woman in black. (via Indulgy)
2. Pretty Zombie: Not only is this a sweet take on the classic zombie costume, but it’s an easy look to execute on a budget and to wear to work. (via Brit + Co)
3. Burton’s Doll: We gotta give it up for Tim Burton and his out-of-this-world imagination. This one will require really taking those false lashes to the next level. (via Ruby Tanjerine)
4. Wicked Witch: Why not try your hand at a classic villain by going as one seriously scary Wicked Witch? Broomstick not included. (via Dominique Wesson)
5. The Corpse Bride: Talk about the perfect ratio of gore and gorge! Plus the blue hair is totally on trend. (via Olivia Emily)
6. Zombie Flapper: Give the ’20s style a bit of a haunted twist with some dark makeup and ghoulish looks. (via Vogue)
7. Creepy Doll: All it takes to scare the living daylights out of your friends are some contact lenses and a bit of makeup. But seriously, this creepy doll is downright terrifying. (via Miss Ellen Melon)
8. Lady Beetlejuice: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice! We’re loving the feminine touch to this classic Beetlejuice costume. (via @reynainstagram)
9. Voodoo Doll: Take some black liner and shadow and go to town for this voodoo-inspired look. No worries if you don’t already have bangs — you can fake ’em for the night! (via Dope2111)
10. The Half-Dead Girl: Half-scary and half-stunningly beautiful, this look could prove to be the perfect challenge for any makeup lover. (via Kayla Hagey)
11. American Horror Story Meets Bride of Frankenstein: We can’t decide if we’re terrified or in awe of this awesome look. Part Bride of Frankenstein, part American Horror Story, 100% winning Halloween costume. (via Courtney Little)
12. Female Joker: Why so serious? There’s no reason girls can’t get in on the fun of an amazing Joker costume. (via HydraEvil)
13. Edward Scissorhands: Put your own spin on a Halloween classic with this Burton-esque choice. Perhaps put your makeup on before the hands in this case. (via Catherine Skwara)
14. Wednesday Addams: Our favorite frightful daughter is all grown up, and she couldn’t be more chic. Also, this one is SO easy. All you need is a little black dress! (via Rachel-Marie Iwanyszyn)
Which of these scary costumes are you planning on wearing this Halloween? Let us know in the comments below!