39 Funny Sexy Halloween Costumes That Prove Funny Is the New Sexy
The age-old (well… probably not quite) Halloween dilemma: Your punny sense of humor is dying to go with a funny Halloween costume, but another part of you wants to look sexy. Well, you’re in luck, girl, because it’s official: Funny *is* the new sexy. That said, we get what you’re actually going for, so we’ve brought you 39 Halloween costumes that prove you can get freaky (in a weird but sexy costume way) and still wear those fishnets on Halloween.
2. Energizer Bunny: Wow! Talk about a throwback to the classic ads. These days you don’t hear much about the Energizer Bunny, but she did a great job of bringing it to life as a Halloween costume. You’ll be going… and going… all Hallows Eve — no matter how much you dance. (via Coolest Homemade Costumes)
3. Sexy Darth Vader: Surprisingly, there are tons of variations of the Star Wars villain. Some sexy, some not so much. This one falls squarely into the former category. The Vader mask adds a hint of mystery, no? (via Costume Models)
6. Sexy Takeout: Now we’ve seen it all. Not only is this a costume based off of a Chinese food takeout container, but they’ve legitimately tried to make it sexy. Are we missing something? (via Boredom Rage)
8. Sonic the Hedgehog: Never in our lives did we try to imagine what Sonic the Hedgehog might look like IRL. Now that we know, we’ll go ahead and say it: Those ears are dope.
9. Darling Magic Dragon Green ($59): This costume’s name is pretty descriptive, but we’re struggling to see where the “darling” part comes in. People will definitely see those magic green boots from a mile away, though. (via Asylum Zone Costumes)
10. Barney: Unbelievable. Just like that, all those sweet childhood memories turned to garbage. We obviously remember Barney from our childhood, but we never imagined we’d see a sexy take on the purple dino. (via Buzzfeed/Yandy)
13. Fashionable Game Uniform ($59): TBH, we’re not entirely sure what this costume is. But we have confirmed that it includes a “colorful animal garment.” For starts, does “game” refer to something you play or something that’s hunted? One’s thing’s for sure: It’ll definitely be a great convo starter. (via EiiBuy)
14. Sexy Mime ($46): We’re in support of making the mime sexy, especially if you decide to make your Halloween makeup style center stage. If anyone is rude, you can give them the silent treatment and stay in character. Genius. (via Pink Impulse)
17. Ash + Sexy Pikachu: We’ve seen more than a few couple’s costume ideas using Ash and Pikachu, but this is adorable! Give Ash something to chase after, if you know what we mean. (via Coolest Homemade Costumes)
19. Sexy Mummy ($40): The only crime this costume commits is making dirty linens look intriguing. Girlfriend can rock that wrap… but let’s be real: Does she look like she’s in a body cast? (via Yandy)
20. Sexy Olympian ($50): With the Olympics just wrapping up, what could be a more perfect theme for this Halloween? Grab yourself a gold medal to flaunt and you’ll have the sexiest gold medal-winning Olympian costume ever. (via Yandy)
27. Black Bear ($89): We’re maul over this. This claws are definitely giving us vibes more along the lines of “high five!” than an “I’ll claw you!” Still, The Revenant basically ruined this costume for us. (via Halloween Costumes)
30. Sexy Ted ($70): First of all, the scene from Ted where he imitates Hootie and the Blowfish (and all ’90s bands) is hilarious. Second, this costume is really, really weird. Basically, it rocks. (via Yandy)
33. Goldfish Costume ($35): Wear this and you’ll have an excuse to sport your best duck… err, fish-face all night long. But, hey, we’ll take any excuse to wear knee socks and converse over heels any day. (via Halloween Costumes)
35. Sexy Donald Trump ($70): Oh, wait… on second thought, maybe this is your worst nightmare come to life. If you want to also go around shouting “Make American great again!” while fixing your combover, that’d be totally acceptable too. (via Yandy)
37. Rock Lobster ($55): To make this costume even weirder, we think we’ll go for a cannibal-esque crab dinner while wearing this on Halloween. And yes, we will be wearing those pinchers through the whole meal. (via Halloween Costumes)
39. Sexy Skunk ($109): The smelliest roadkill on all the highways and byways just got an upgrade. With the right perfume choice, the power is yours to break all stereotypes… but remember: Smelly is not sexy. (via Yandy)
Do you have any silly and yet fabulously sexy costumes to share with us? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.