33 Funny Sexy Halloween Costume Ideas That Prove Funny Is the New Sexy
The age-old Halloween dilemma (for some of us): Your punny sense of humor is dying to go with a funny Halloween costume, but another part of you wants to look sexy. Well, you’re in luck, girl, because funny *is* the new sexy. That said, we get what you’re actually going for, so we’ve brought you 33 Halloween costumes that prove you can get freaky (in a weird-but-sexy costume way) and still wear those fishnets on Halloween.
1. Ghostbuster: You can pretend to catch ghosts all evening long and do so in short shorts. Chris Hemsworth would be proud. (via Brit + Co)
2. Yandy Sexy Seahorse ($150): Could this pair any more perfectly than with a Life Aquatic group costume? We think not!
3. Party Animals: Puns for days! You can hit a double whammy and be a sexy mouse (insert Mean Girls quote), but the choice is yours. (via Brit + Co)
4. Sexy Mouse ($60): This costume officially makes naughty Mickey our new favorite mouse. Our only question is: Why not Minnie?
5. Cher & Dionne: You can pretend to be Clueless all evening, but the joke’s on them. (via Brit + Co)
6. Yandy Sexy Grinch ($60): One major perk to wearing this costume is that you’ll be keeping in character by being an over-the-top grump all night. Salty can be sexy, right?
7. The Burn Book: You are full of sass and some sick burns. Make sure you’re ready to dish it out and get some in return. (via Studio DIY)
8. Sexy Sonic the Hedgehog ($32): It’s hard to take this costume seriously! The pointed hood and the red thigh-highs definitely set this up for the funny-sexy category.
9. Bun In the Oven: The little oven is the perfect place to store your keys and phone while out. Costume for the win! (via Brit + Co)
10. Sexy Rosie the Robot ($55): And so we meet again, Rosie. The world just can’t stop trying to make the faithful companion of The Jetsons sexy — and who are we to try to stop them?
11. Party Pooper: You don’t want to take this one too literally, so some poop emojis on your party hat is the perfect way to put together the look. (via Aww Sam)
12. Sexy Mime ($46): We’re in support of making the mime sexy, especially if you decide to make your Halloween makeup-style center stage. If anyone is rude, you can give them the silent treatment and stay in character. Genius.
13. The Simple Life: Get your denim overalls and flared miniskirt in order, because it’s about to be #hot out. (via Brit + Co)
14. Sexy Mummy ($40): The only crime this costume commits is making dirty linens look intriguing. Girlfriend can rock that wrap… but let’s be real: Does she look like she’s in a body cast?
15. Misty: Gotta catch ’em all. All the cuties at the party that is. (via Brit + Co)
16. Cheshire Cat ($70): She’s covered in a furry, hooded suit… and still going for the “sexy” look. Weird? Check. (Sexy? …Check!)
17. Netflix & Chill: As far as couples costumes go, this one takes the cake. Or should we say “Netflix subscription package”? (via Brit + Co)
18. Sexy Hamburger ($40): Let us be heard: This will become a weird/sexy Halloween classic. Our favorite part is the sheer “meat” section right at the midriff.
19. Super Bowl Katy Perry: The real humor lies in what the shark on your left side does all night. That poor guy has no clue what he’s doing, does he? (via Brit + Co)
20. Sexy Pizza ($70): Forget the food; this costume is the new late-night staple. Plus, that crust acts as a nice headrest after a long night of looking delicious.
21. Tough Cookie: Nothing says “come flirt with me, but watch out because I’ll punch you” like a milk moustache and boxing gloves. (via Aww Sam)
22. Naughty Nun ($25): Don’t worry, we won’t tell Reverend Mother. Although this does feel slightly blasphemous.
23. Glow: Now, when you body slam some perv for goosing you in the bar, you can say it’s part of the costume. (via Brit + Co)
24. Cry Baby ($60): Yes, someone went there. Be disturbed. Be very disturbed.
25. Operation Patient: Hopefully the doc leaves your funny bone in place. (via Brit + Co)
26. Cute Carrot ($50): They do say that carrots are good for your eyes… so go ahead. Feast on them.
27. Daria & Jane: Anything can be sexy with the right attitude, and these two have ‘tude in spades. (via Brit + Co)
28. Striped Clown ($100): Your worst nightmare has officially come true. ROFL.
29. Mean Girls: Do you wear pink on Wednesdays? Do you have Kälteen bars in your purse? Excellent, the squad is ready to roll out. (via Brit + Co)
30. Sexy Watermelon ($62): You’ll never look at your favorite summertime snack the same way again.
32. Sexy Wolf ($109): This gives “big bad wolf” a whole new meaning. Is that hair on her chest?
33. Goldfish Costume ($45): Wear this and you’ll have an excuse to sport your best duck… er, fish-face all night long. But, hey, we’ll take any excuse to wear knee socks and Converse over heels any day.
Do you have any silly and yet fabulously sexy costumes to share with us? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Jessica Ourisman.