10 Home Gym Essentials for the SoulCycle Enthusiast
Nothing can beat the rush of a SoulCycle workout and the walk of jelly as you leave the studio. SoulCycle has become an indoor-cycling phenomenon partly because of the way it tones your body, but also because of the way it energizes your mind and encourages you to find your center. The perfectly designed studios are part serene sanctuary, part hard core motivation. If you’re trying to capture the same energizing vibes you get from your favorite spin class, check out these cycling essentials and turn your home gym into a personal SoulCycle haven.
1. Marcy Revolution Cycle Bike ($290): First off, you’ll need a bike. Fortunately, stationery bikes don’t take up as much space as a treadmill or elliptical, so even if you’re tight on space, you can squeeze a bike into your home gym.
2. Gavin Hellier Open Road Wall Mural ($160+): There’s nothing motivating about working out and staring at a blank wall. If the view outside your window is less than uplifting, feed your soul and give yourself a beautiful view with a wall mural of the open road.
4. S’Well Yellow Gold Bottle ($42): Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Since you won’t have your favorite coach to remind you, this glam gold bottle will definitely motivate you to keep chugging water.
5. Urbanears Headphones ($50): You may love the upbeat music blasting during your workout, but your neighbors might not be as thrilled with the soundtrack. Crank the beats and pedal out to your favorite tunes with a pair of comfortable earphones that won’t slide out of your ears when the sweat issue is real.
7. White IKEA Cabinet ($99): When it comes to color schemes, SoulCycle rocks a simple black and white palette with bright pops of yellow. Keep your space clean and bright with simple storage options like a low locker.
8. SoulCycle Elastic Headband Set ($28): Obviously you’re going to need a headband to keep the sweat — and those pesky flyaway hairs — out of your eyes. These slender bands hold every hair in place without messing up your carefully braided updo.
10. Threshold Botanic Fiber Accent Towel ($6+): When the workout is over and you’ve fallen off your bike in a puddle of pride and sweat, mop up with a brightly colored towel and give yourself a pat on the back.