10 Space-Savings Hacks for a Completely Clutter-Free Home
More is not always merrier, especially went it comes to a tidy home. Sure, you might love having an extensive supply of mugs or magazines on hand, but as stuff accumulates over time it can make unwanted messes creep in before you know it. And when the dust bunnies start multiplying (as they do), it’s time to clear the clutter and clean up your space. Scroll down to find 10 storage solutions and organizational hacks to get you on your way to a cleaner home in no time.
1. Use pretty desk storage. Tuck away all those unsightly office receipts or invoices in colorful boxes to keep desks and tables clear. Look to your decor for inspo, and find containers that complement the hues in your existing color scheme. (via Classy Clutter)
2. DIY a few custom corkboards. Make the most of your wall space by installing a series of small IKEA Cork Trivets ($4) to use for storing pretty notes, pictures or other memos. Paint them in colors that complement your existing decor, and use fun push pins to spice up the ensemble. (via Oh Everything Handmade)
3. Corral craft supplies. Craft time = the best time, especially when it involves little to no clutter. Use colorful containers or organize supplies in labeled drawers to make it easy to find what you need for your next DIY project. (via Tell Love and Party)
4. Hang your plant life. Take your greenery to new heights with this solution that frees up space on your countertops. This Urban Outfitters Hand-Knotted Hanging Planter ($29) is a great space-saver that easily adds flair to forgotten nooks and crannies around the home. Bonus points for keeping these plants plush (and alive!). (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Keep household essentials on hooks. Never lose your keys again — DIY a key hanger that’ll help get clutter off your shelves and side tables. Whether you opt for hooks or vintage knobs, a customized space will add personality to your organization. (via The Crafted Life)
6. Display pieces on pegboards. Whether you’re cleaning up your foyer or your craft room, organize a more attractive space with a handy pegboard that can be used as a catch-all for just about everything. Pretty items take preference, of course. (via Apartment Therapy)
7. DIY a beaded clothes rack. An attractive (more like genius) way to manage your overcrowded closet is to DIY a strand of beads you can have on pretty much any wall or ceiling. Simply install it in an open area of your room or office to keep your area clear and your style game on point. (via A Pair and a Spare)
8. Invest in storable seating. Ottomans are the ultimate “sneaky” storage solution, doubling as flexible seating for guests while hiding away blankets, toys, or other trinkets. With a variety of fabrics, colors, and patterns to choose from, suddenly those last-minute get-togethers got much more manageable… (via Brit + Co)
9. Bring in the baskets. Buckets are your best friend when it comes to organizing everyday objects (think toilet paper, towels, or other toiletries) in a snap. Don’t forget to embellish them in prints or patterns to make them a more fun addition to your room. (via Oh Joy!)
10. Make use of garage mounting. Create a happy homecoming by placing gardening or home improvement supplies on the wall of your garage. We’re all about the color, so don’t forget to add a splash of bright paint to bring flair to this typically forlorn space. (via Brit + Co)
If you’re looking for more ways to clear the clutter, follow us on Pinterest for additional tips and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.