When you’re trying to eat clean, it can be hard not to spring for rice and pasta at the end of a long day. These carb-y comfort foods are totally fine in moderation, but if you want to avoid them and keep things light, you probably already know that zoodle recipes are the way to go (zoats recipes aren’t so bad either). Not too keen on the idea of subbing a bunch of veggies in for your beloved spaghetti? We’ve got you covered. Get inspired to eat clean with these 12 AMAZING spiralized veggies shots.
1. Celeriac Pasta With Brussels Sprouts: Celeriac is a celery-type vegetable, but its roots are the part that most people like to eat. In this particular case, those roots have been spiralized and served alongside Brussels sprouts.
2. Turkey Chow Fun Zoodles: There’s *a lot* going on here, but we’re not complaining! We spot zoodles, turkey, sesame seeds, red peppers and green onions in this colorful and nutritious bowl. They don’t call them “fun zoodles” for nothing.
3. Sweet Potato Egg Breakfast Skillet: It’s kinda like pasta for breakfast, only you’re eating sweet potatoes. Add some avocado on top and you’ve got a SUPER healthy and nourishing meal to help you start your day. Pro tip: Be sure to peel the potato, and don’t be afraid to use a little muscle when spiralizing these tough tubers.
4. Classic Zoodles: Zucchini drizzled in a light green sauce and served alongside cherry tomatoes is a classic and unbeatable combo. It’s filling enough to satisfy, but also light and fresh. This particular meal is even 100-percent vegan.
5. Bacon and White Bean Zucchini Noodle Soup: On cold days, warm up with a bowl of this stuff. WAY healthier than ramen (or even plain-old noodle soup), this hearty bowl features carrots, onions, zoodles, bacon, white beans and spiced broth.
6. Italian Pulled Pork Ragu: Who needs spaghetti and meatballs when you can eat healthy zucchini topped with flavorful pulled pork? Sprinkle some fresh Parmesan on top and you’ve got yourself a meal that tastes decadent, but is actually light and low-carb.
7. Two-Egg Omelette With Spiralized Sweet Potatoes: Looking for a fresh way to use your spiralized veggies? Consider throwing them in an omelette. This option uses yummy sweet potatoes, but zucchini or spiralized broccoli stems would also taste fab.
8. Zucchini and Vegetarian “Meat” Balls: Got a craving for Italian? We can’t promise zoodles will taste *exactly* like pasta, but this classic noodles-and-meatballs combo will be a good start. Pro tip: Use a SPARING amount of thick marinara sauce that can hold its own. Without carb-y noodles to absorb it, it can easily turn runny.
9. Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles: Bursting with the flavors of Thailand, these zoodles are super light and healthy. They’re also popping with flavor and topped with delicious peanut sauce.
10. Spiralized Zucchini Bread Pancakes: Why yes, these are pancakes MADE OF ZUCCHINI. Fresh, spiralized zucchini, to be exact. Drizzle with natural maple syrup (or a sugar-free version, if you need to monitor your sugar intake) and you’ll be good to go.
11. Parsnip Noodles: Zucchini, celeriac and sweet potatoes aren’t the only veggies that can be made into noodles. Take these parsnips, for example. Served with avocado, leafy greens and baby corn, this dish is full of nutrients and flavors.
12. Pesto Zoodles With Bacon and Roasted Tomatoes: Talk about a cornucopia of color. This delightful salad is heavy on flavor and light on calories. But there is some bacon thrown in for good measure.
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy food porn and meal inspo!