10 Home Decor Hacks from Anthropologie’s “West Coast Modern” Collection
Anthropologie’s home decor section is always full of trendy goods, but their latest collection, West Coast Modern, has a particularly alluring vibe with its perfect blend of California-cool and boho style. The lineup is full of tropical accents, bright patterns, and gold decor galore — AKA all the goodies to make you want to redecorate STAT. But instead of dropping a fortune, why not take an afternoon to DIY and brighten up your home with an oh-so-personal touch? Check out the 10 totally hack-able pieces below and let the revamp begin.
1. DIY Watermelon Fruit Pot: It’s like Anthro read your mind with this Favorite Fruit Pot ($14+). As soon as the sun comes out, you’ll need a refreshing way to display your plants — good thing it’s crazy easy to make these juicy planters. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Pom Pom Pillow: Get the same playful feel as Anthro’s Textured Blooms Pillow ($78) with a super simple project. Grab a basket of yarn, queue up some Netflix, and get to shakin’ that pom-pom maker. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
3. DIY Fabric Marbled Napkins: Once the warm weather rolls in, outdoor entertaining is a total must. If you love the look of Anthro’s Marbled Napkin ($18), hack the same swirly design for your patio parties. (via Sugar & Charm)
4. DIY Statement Wall Hanging: As much as anyone would love to shell out for this gorgeous Arc Wall Art ($118+), it’s that pesky little “+” sign that’s got us wanting to DIY instead. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Leaf Catchall: Obvs, this gorg Palm Leaf Dish ($20) would look great on your nightstand or entryway table, but the clay rendition made with actual leaves is pretty darn rad. (via Design Sponge)
6. DIY Teepee: We’ll take a day of crafting over this Eyelet Children’s Tent ($198) any day, #sorrynotsorry. If you have your heart set on the lacy look, you can totally swap the panels for a fancier fabric. Either way, the kiddos will be pumped. (via Nalle’s House)
7. DIY Pom-Pom Edged Napkins: Because it’s all about that fringe, ’bout that fringe, on Anthro’s Chambray Napkins ($10). Fortunately, it’s an easy peasy look to replicate once you settle on what style of edging to use. (via Club Crafted)
8. DIY Metallic Gradient Tassel: Anthro’s Resort Tassel Keychain ($30) definitely makes a statement, but the ombre look on the left is straight-up stunning. Spruce all your bags for cheap by making the flashy tassels yourself and save your money for new sunnies. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
9. DIY Trinket Dishes With Tropical Leaves: These Lulie Wallace Melamine Dinner Plates ($10) are full of summery, tropical vibes. Channel your inner plant lady and use ’em as inspo for your own clay creations. (via Lia Griffith)
10. DIY Tasseled Basket: Small-space living is all about creative storage, which means getting handy catchall baskets to hide clutter. Skip the cost of Anthro’s pretty Tasseled Pera Basket ($58), and make your own colorful, fringed container. (via Brit + Co)
Are you inspired to tackle any of these hacks? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor finds and easy DIY projects!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.