April and May are the official kick-off months to wedding season — so here we go, ladies. That can mean a ton of travel, zero free weekends, and dealing with more than a couple of bridezilla outbursts. There’s a positive side to all this madness, of course, and that would be shopping. And considering this time you aren’t the bridesmaid (whew!), you can splurge on something you actually really love. Whether you’re invited to a black tie affair or a simple BBQ on the beach, we have you covered. See below for our 10 fave picks to get you through the marathon of spring and summer weddings no matter the dress code.
1. Karina Grimaldi Ivy Corseted Dress ($372): This sky blue cotton eyelet dress is ideal for an outdoor garden party. There is so much dainty detail in the dress (hello, ruffled straps and the intricate all over pattern) that you can keep your accessories to a minimum. Add a shiny white patent sandal to finish off the look.
2. Halston Heritage Open Back Gown ($445): You will show plenty of strategic skin in this floor-length crepe dress. Despite the open back and revealing arm and leg slits, it’s still possible to stay demure in this stunning buy.
3. Shoshanna Midnight Dominick Dress ($570): Pink embroidered flowers add a sweet touch to this black midi. This delicate option works for weddings that call for both dressy casual or cocktail attire.
4. Glamorous Ruffled Pleats Dress ($180): C’mon get happy. This bright sunny yellow hue is like your daily dose of vitamin D in a dress. Balance out its brightness with a light cocoa colored clutch and sandals.
5. Ramy Brook Amina Jumpsuit ($395): Does the invite say “Black Tie Optional” but a long dress just isn’t your thang? This jumpsuit when paired with stilettos and diamond studs is a fresh take on the traditional dress code.
6. Marchesa Notte Guipure Lace Cocktail Dress With 3D Flowers ($845): Meet the long sleeve guipure lace dress that is bursting with color, flowers, and sophistication. We can’t think of a prettier dress for a more conservative ceremony where it is appropriate to keep your arms covered.
7. Samantha Pleet Prima Donna Jumpsuit ($300): We imagine this wide-legged jumpsuit is what Holly Golightly would wear if she were invited to a black tie wedding this summer. Keep the modern Breakfast in Tiffany’s vibe going by adding classic accessories.
8. J.Crew Spaghetti-Strap Ruffle Dress ($268): If you’re headed to beach nuptials, don’t forget to pack this ruffle dress in silk shantung. Its easy carefree style pairs nicely with silver or gingham mules. When your feet get tired of boogying all night long, you will look just as cute when you change into a pair of white Stan Smiths.
9. ML Monique Lhuillier Floral Midi Dress ($495): Spring has sprung on this orange floral midi that’ll be your go-to dress for daytime weddings all summer long. Finish this look with black patent sandals and a stack of lucite bangles.
10. Saloni Fleur Dress ($795): Red is the color of love, which makes this the perfect dress for an evening wedding. This maxi is made from a triangular patterned textured satin and features a high neckline that ties in the back for old Hollywood-inspired style.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.