Whip Up This Strawberry Pancake Recipe For Your Next Sunday Brunch
Making pancakes on the weekends is pretty much a must-do in my household. Most of us have some experience of growing up with a favorite pancake recipe, and if fresh fruit is involved, all the better. The best fruit on pancakes? We're torn between bananas and strawberries (people seem to be pretty passionate about their chosen pancake-topping fruit). This fluffy strawberry pancake recipe is our latest go-to here at B+C, and I personally plan to whip it up for weekend brunches on a regular basis.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup regular or non-dairy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup diced strawberries, plus more for topping
- Oil or butter for the pan
- Maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and whisk until they are all mixed together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together slowly until no more dry lumps of flour remain. Let the batter rest for at least 10 minutes to hydrate the flour.
- While the batter is resting, dice the strawberries and prepare the pan. Heat butter or oil over medium-high heat on the pan on the stovetop. Make sure the butter or oil is evenly distributed on the pan so the pancakes do not stick to it.
- Place the diced strawberries in a bowl and have them ready by the pan. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the batter and pour onto the hot pan. You should be able to fit 2 or 3 pancakes on the pan, depending on the size of the pan and the thickness of the pancakes. Take a pinch of diced strawberries and place them on each pancake while the bottom is cooking. Allow each pancake to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, remove the pancakes onto a plate, then repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve these fluffy strawberry pancakes with fresh strawberries, maple syrup, and more butter and serve them up hot.
Love this pancake recipe and want to learn more food hacks and breakfast ideas? Subscribe to our newsletter!
- This Fluffy AF Pancakes Recipe Have Mom's Stamp of Approval ... ›
- You'll Never Guess the Secret Ingredient in These Pillowy Light ... ›
- Around the World in 25 Pancake Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Pumpkin Pancake Recipes to Feed Your Fall Cravings - Brit + Co ›
- 25 Creative Pancake Recipes — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›