This Product Might Make You Replace Your Dry Shampoo
Whether you’ve got baby-fine locks or a thick ‘n full mane, sometimes your hair just needs a bit of a lift. And while there are plenty of hacks (think: dry shampoo, volumizing shampoos and that trusty backcombing trick) to add a little oomph to your tresses, one sure-fire method is a styling powder. Styling powders are the ultimate hair multi-taskers, giving your roots a serious boost while also adding texture, definition and hold to your style. Basically, it’s a perfect hair day in a bottle. Scroll on for 12 of our fave styling powders to give your hair a lift.
1. EVO Haze Styling Powder ($22): If the stylish packaging doesn’t win you over, the hair-raising powder packed inside sure will. Whether you’re looking to fluff up second-day locks or give your roots a lift, a few shakes of this styling wizard will have you covered.
can’t do? Made specifically for second- (or third- or fourth-) day hair, this stuff will get you some extra mileage out of your blowout.
3. Beyond the Zone Rock On Volumizing Powder ($7): Give your go-to style a big boost with this lightweight powder. The formula actually increases the diameter of individual strands, creating texture and separation and giving you that definition you’re after.
4. One Love Organics Healthy Locks ($12): This all-natural powder might be advertised as a dry shampoo, but it’s secretly so much more. A few shakes of this stuff will give you definition and volume, while strengthening and softening your tresses.
5. Toni & Guy Casual Sculpting Powder ($6): Sculpt your ‘do any way you like with this genius mattifying powder. Use it as you would a dry shampoo to wake up tired locks, or shake it over styled hair to give it a bit of extra hold.
any hair type next-level lift.
8. American Crew Classic Boost Powder ($16): Give your tresses that shine-free, texturized boost with this “anti-gravity” hair powder. Apply liberally to your roots for a big-hair-don’t-care look.
9. Joico Hair Shake Liquid-to-Powder Texturizer ($18): If you’re all about the styling powder, but not so much the risk of spilling it all over the place, then this formula, which starts out as a liquid and turns into a powder, is for you. Spritz a bit on already-styled hair for some hold, or use it alone to give your mane a perfectly un-perfect finish.
10. Lea Journo Pouf Micro Fiber Thickening Powder ($24): Say hello to your hair’s new BFF. This spray is great for all hair types, but especially effective for thinning hair by adding volume and body. Its non-drying, aloe-based formula is sensitive-scalp-friendly too.
11. Redken Powder Grip ($16): This mattifying powder is made especially for styling all-day updos. A little goes a long way, adding that sought-after grip, texture and fullness, all with a matte finish.
12. Sachajuan Dark Volume Powder ($35): For brunette gals who are wary of using a powder, this product is your hero. The spray gives all the benefits of a styling powder (volume, texture, lift — you know the drill), but in a darker shade, so you’ll never have to worry about visible white powder cramping your style.