15 Stylish Ways to Wear Green on St. Paddy’s Day
Whether you’re actually Irish or just super supportive of a holiday that involves drinking green beer and other festive cocktails (don’t worry, we get it), it’s super easy to look the stylish part for whatever your St. Paddy’s Day plans may be. No, you don’t have to wear a “Kiss me, I’m Irish” shirt to fit in. Adding a little green in your life can look amazing and keep anyone from pinching you. Here are 15 green goldmines to outfit yourself for St. Paddy’s Day and beyond. We can’t promise random strangers won’t come up and kiss you for looking so good. See, who needs that tacky shirt anyways? It’s the luck of the stylish.
1. Wooden Statement U-Necklace ($45): Don this funky and lucky necklace to make the ultimate statement without saying a thing. Pair with a basic tee and jeans and you’re officially ready for St. Paddy’s Day.
3. Catarzi Classic Fedora Hat ($65): Rocking a fedora screams stylish babe. This boldly rich gem will leave others around you green with envy. Plus, you can wear it beyond the festivities, so the head-turning glances won’t stop.
4. Eye Candy Necklace ($49): The name alone says it all. Here’s a necklace that’s always ready for a good time (ahem, St. Paddy’s) and will get you tons of “Where did you get that?” from complete strangers.
5. Leather iPhone 6 Case ($50): You’ll have your phone out taking tons of great pics, so why not green it up a bit? Made of vegan leather, this bright iPhone case is just the burst of green you’re looking for… and then some.
6. Cotton Radiowaves Scarf ($77): Let’s face it, St. Paddy’s Day doesn’t fall during the warmest of months for most of us. Never fear; this scarf has come to the rescue. Wave goodbye to being cold with this Marc by Marc Jacobs treat.
8. British Racing Green Nail Lacquer ($15): A quick polish change to green is the easiest (and our most favorite) way to feel festive. Go the extra green distance with some St. Paddy’s Day-approved manicures. #nailedit
9. Minty Fresh Watch ($39): It’s time to start thinking in green. A funky graphic piece that’s stylish AND functional means you’ll never be late to the party… and maybe, just maybe, you’ll arrive fashionably early.
10. Leather Ankle Boots ($101): There are no rules about the shade of green one has to wear on St. Paddy’s Day. Enter these gorgeous suede leather boots. They’ll take you from one party to the next comfortably.
11. Sunburst Gem Drops ($34): With a pop of peridot and opalescent gemstones, these earrings dress up any and every outfit for a dose of Irish awesomeness that can’t be beat.
12. Kate Spade Mini Satchel ($175): Purses. You rarely leave home without them, especially when they look this good and this holiday appropriate.
13. Gingham Crew Socks ($17): Feeling pressured to rock green? Do it in a simple, practical and slightly sneaky way. Plus, you can never have too many pairs of socks, right?
14. Mint Green Stud Earrings ($16): Made from clay and gold leaf, these stylishly simple earrings belong in our life (and yours too). And we’re not just talking about for St. Paddy’s Day — we want to wear them all the time. Starting now.
15. Camera Temporary Tattoo ($5): Can’t commit to one green thing? How about a temporary tattoo? It’s green. It’s easy. It’s a conversation starter. And not to mention, it looks pretty rad.
How will you be going green (stylishly speaking)? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)