14 Summertime Outfits to Wear to Work
Dressing in the morning can be the most frustrating part of the day. Add in some sweltering summer temps and an unnecessary dose of humidity, and you dread picking out a professional outfit. But we have the key to dressing for work during the warm months: lightweight fabrics, pops of color and layering, layering, layering. This summer, get inspired by these 14 breezy wear-to-work outfits to help make your morning routine a snap, and leave you feeling cool and cute all day long.
1. Whistles Louise Dress ($258): This loose-fitting dress boasts a bright coral color that shouts summer. It’s office appropriate, but fun all at the same time, and we see this transitioning from work to happy hour without a problem.
2. Flowy Skirt + Solid Top: Bust out those hundreds of white tanks and tees that have been hiding in your closet, and pair them with a patterned midi skirt, like this one from J.Crew for $88. Throw on a skinny belt for added style and coordinate with your shoes or a bag. (via The Classy Cubicle)
4. Shift Dress ($325): Once again, Steven Alan got things right. The understated pattern and forgiving fit of this shift make it a clear go-to for everyday work wear.
5. Mod Molly Skirt ($39): Work some patterns into your office attire with a playful pencil skirt. The geo patterns on this bad boy are to-die-for, and you can easily layer on top with a classic navy blazer. Get 10% off this fab skirt and blazer with code ALLISON10.
6. Light and Breezy: The bouncy curls, the flowy skirt, the bow heels… we’d feel like Kate Spade in a carefree outfit like this. Snag a similar high-waisted skirt for $58 from Nordstrom. (via Work Outfits)
7. Pops of Color: Between the bright pink shoes and the multi-colored top, pops of color are making a real statement here. Pairing a dark pencil skirt from fall or winter with brighter colors on top makes your clothing wearable year-round. Grab a top like this at American Apparel for $60. (via Running on Happiness)
8. ASOS Closet Sleeveless Skater Dress ($86): In case you haven’t noticed, pleats are huge this summer. We’ve seen a ton of pleated skirts, but are big on this dress with its nautical shades and simple style.
9. Chambray Jacket and Dress: Chambray is totally work-appropriate with pieces like this blazer. It pairs beautifully with bright colors and other similar, lightweight fabrics. Head to Gap to purchase a chambray dress for $49. (via Corporate Fashionista)
10. Neon Brights: Hello neon, we’ve been anxiously waiting for you since last summer. And now, we’re ready to take you to work. You can find a similar skirt at Windsor for only $19. (via Corporate Fashionista)
11. Oasis Plaid Neck Pleat Maxi Dress ($130): With the right fabric, maxi dresses can easily be office-acceptable. Pick a sophisticated style in a dressier fabric, and save the stretchy, jersey materials for the beach.
12. ASOS Linen Midi Skirt ($54): Linen is perfect for heat and humidity, and this skirt’s rocking the most irresistible bow and pockets.
13. ASOS Pencil Dress With Kimono Wrap ($77): Swoon alert! A kimono dress that works for work? You betcha!
14. White On White: What color keeps you cooler than white? If you spend time outside or running from place to place for your job, sporting a looser top with wide-legged pants like these is a surefire way to be set for a day in the sun. You can find similar white pants at Nordstrom for $152. (via Who What Wear)
What’s your go-to look for work during the summer? Which of these styles has you excited to try something new? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.