14 Summertime Outfits to Wear to Work
Dressing in the morning can be the most frustrating part of the day. Add in some sweltering summer temps and an unnecessary dose of humidity, and you dread picking out a professional outfit. But we have the key to dressing for work during the warm months: lightweight fabrics, pops of color and layering, layering, layering. This summer, get inspired by these 14 breezy wear-to-work outfits to help make your morning routine a snap, and leave you feeling cool and cute all day long.
1. Whistles Louise Dress ($258): This loose-fitting dress boasts a bright coral color that shouts summer. It’s office appropriate, but fun all at the same time, and we see this transitioning from work to happy hour without a problem.
2. Flowy Skirt + Solid Top: Bust out those hundreds of white tanks and tees that have been hiding in your closet, and pair them with a patterned midi skirt, like this one from J.Crew for $88. Throw on a skinny belt for added style and coordinate with your shoes or a bag. (via The Classy Cubicle)
4. Shift Dress ($325): Once again, Steven Alan got things right. The understated pattern and forgiving fit of this shift make it a clear go-to for everyday work wear.
5. Mod Molly Skirt ($39): Work some patterns into your office attire with a playful pencil skirt. The geo patterns on this bad boy are to-die-for, and you can easily layer on top with a classic navy blazer. Get 10% off this fab skirt and blazer with code ALLISON10.
6. Light and Breezy: The bouncy curls, the flowy skirt, the bow heels… we’d feel like Kate Spade in a carefree outfit like this. Snag a similar high-waisted skirt for $58 from Nordstrom. (via Work Outfits)
7. Pops of Color: Between the bright pink shoes and the multi-colored top, pops of color are making a real statement here. Pairing a dark pencil skirt from fall or winter with brighter colors on top makes your clothing wearable year-round. Grab a top like this at American Apparel for $60. (via Running on Happiness)
8. ASOS Closet Sleeveless Skater Dress ($86): In case you haven’t noticed, pleats are huge this summer. We’ve seen a ton of pleated skirts, but are big on this dress with its nautical shades and simple style.
9. Chambray Jacket and Dress: Chambray is totally work-appropriate with pieces like this blazer. It pairs beautifully with bright colors and other similar, lightweight fabrics. Head to Gap to purchase a chambray dress for $49. (via Corporate Fashionista)
10. Neon Brights: Hello neon, we’ve been anxiously waiting for you since last summer. And now, we’re ready to take you to work. You can find a similar skirt at Windsor for only $19. (via Corporate Fashionista)
11. Oasis Plaid Neck Pleat Maxi Dress ($130): With the right fabric, maxi dresses can easily be office-acceptable. Pick a sophisticated style in a dressier fabric, and save the stretchy, jersey materials for the beach.
12. ASOS Linen Midi Skirt ($54): Linen is perfect for heat and humidity, and this skirt’s rocking the most irresistible bow and pockets.
13. ASOS Pencil Dress With Kimono Wrap ($77): Swoon alert! A kimono dress that works for work? You betcha!
14. White On White: What color keeps you cooler than white? If you spend time outside or running from place to place for your job, sporting a looser top with wide-legged pants like these is a surefire way to be set for a day in the sun. You can find similar white pants at Nordstrom for $152. (via Who What Wear)
What’s your go-to look for work during the summer? Which of these styles has you excited to try something new? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.