10 Necklaces to Wear With Every Top in Your Summer Wardrobe
Now that you’ve gotten your warm-weather capsule wardrobe squared away (props, girl), it’s time to start zeroing in on all those little details that will keep that carefully curated collection of 37 pieces feeling on-point all season long. A good place to start? From the top. Your arsenal of off-the-shoulder tops, colorful architectural shirts and bell-sleeve beauties can certainly hold their own, but they’re also the perfect backdrop for all those stunning baubles kickin’ around in your jewelry box — so why not pair ’em up? Instead of taking the time to suss out which looks best with which (who has time for that?), simply steal a peek at this definitive list. We’ve scouted 10 swoon-inducing necklaces that will do your closet proud and teamed them up with a corresponding top to create a quick-and-dirty style guide you can reference all season long. Insta-worthy style in seconds — what’s not to love?
1. Milly Audrey Printed Cotton-Blend Satin Top ($98) + Joomi Lim Lady Rebel Neck Cuff ($215): These aren’t your grandma’s pearls. Play up a high neckline with a sleek metallic choker that screams girl-next-door-gone-bad, then take your look there with a bomber jacket and distressed boyfriend jeans. Bonus points for flatform sandals that solidify your getup in ’90s-chic territory.
2. Cos Wide-Sleeve Square Top ($69) + J.Crew Colorful Crystal Foliage Necklace ($128): Balance out a boxy architectural top with a petite collar that feels anything but pared down. The brilliant gems go hand-in-hand with the blouse’s vibrant green hue, while balancing out its oversized shape for a winning look you’ll want to whip out again and again. Style it alongside suede pencil skirts or tailored trousers Monday through Friday, then add a pair of cropped denim flares to the mix when the weekend rolls around.
3. Mango Pleated Top ($60) + Tiro Tiro Fibra Necklace ($254): Airy and ethereal, a floaty tank calls for baubles with free-wheelin’ flare, and that’s where this tassel-tastic pendant comes in. The pair works in perfect harmony with leather pants, strappy sandals and an embroidered clutch for an out-on-the-town ensemble that straight-up slays.
4. Zara Open Back Top ($40) + BaubleBar Majorca Lariat ($48): Two pieces, endless possibilities. Bring a pop of bright color to an otherwise subdued hue by wearing a swingin’ lariat with panache. While you can totally rock it in the front, this bell sleeve top’s open back is just begging for a bit of extra embellishment. Flip the lariat around for an easy back necklace that looks ah-mazing from every angle.
5. COS One-Shoulder Top ($49) + Anthropologie Marassa Necklace ($78): Teaming a statement necklace with an equally standout top isn’t exactly intuitive, but trust us — it’s a move that will soon become a signature. Let your necklace inspire the rest of your outfit by weaving similar colors throughout your look. Red-hot culottes or a pair of pink suede mules would make a killer addition to this dreamy combo.
6. Topshop Colour Block ’78 Body ($35) + Saloukee Bound Branch Necklace ($128): When you’re looking to get your athleisure on, fuss-free accessories are so key. Crafted from cotton rope and driftwood, this one-of-a-kind collar has the minimalist thing down pat. Throw a bright blue bodysuit, sporty slides and high-waisted shorts into the mix for a casually cool ensemble fit for an afternoon of sailing or late-night beach bonfires.
7. Alice + Olivia Cropped Printed Crepe Top ($149) + Cornelia Webb Wired Open Choker ($253): Vibrant color and funky florals are forces to be reckoned with this season. Avoid disrupting the look-at-me style by adorning your décolletage with an architectural open choker that packs just as much of-the-moment appeal. Get more mileage out of this flawless pairing by layering it over a basic tee or a lightweight collared shirt for the office.
8. Madewell Mixtape Tank Top ($45) + Mango Mixed Necklace ($50): Consider this throw-on-and-go combo your one-way ticket to effortless cool this season. Breton stripes (in any form) can do no wrong, especially when styled alongside bright colors and modern detailing. For a desk-to-drinks getup that just works, wear ’em with wide legs, colorful clogs and a sleek topknot.
9. Zara Striped Poplin Top ($30) + & Other Stories Enjoy Necklace ($25): Playing it cool takes on a whole new meaning when you add this flirtatious duo to your rotation. Make the most of its effortless appeal by pairing it up with a button-front skirt, straw bag and French girl-approved red lips for a casual coffee date or an afternoon spent boutique hopping.
10. Mango Tropical Print Top ($46) + Madewell Floating Arrow Necklace ($55): A tropical crop top and tonal pendant necklace are a recipe for #OOTD success. A quirky crossbody bag (pineapples and flamingoes are strongly encouraged) and crossover slingback sandals will do the trick.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.