16 Trendy Sunglasses Cases to Keep Your Sunnies’ Style on Lock
Sunglasses are an essential component to every warm weather capsule wardrobe, because protecting those peepers when the sun is shining bright (something you’ve been lusting after for months) is non-negotiable. You’ve already scooped up a set of colorful sunnies to take along on all your summer adventures — including the slew of festivals and balmy beach dates you have lined up — but there’s one super important accessory you’ve likely overlooked: a case. Sunglasses are kind of like socks — somehow they always end up going AWOL or, womp womp, getting sat on in the car. Providing your shades with a protective barrier and their own designated space is a surefire way to decrease the likelihood of both situations, which is kind of a big deal for your wallet and your sanity. And because those retro frames and ultra-modern rimless sunnies deserve an equally chic place to call home (sayonara, blasé black case), we’ve scouted 16 statement-making sunglasses cases that will do your style sensibilities proud, while keeping your shades on top of their game.
1. Thomas Paul Myron Sunglasses Case ($20): Take the guesswork out of hunting down those shades when you’re short on time — this striped case says it all with a pair of quirky circular sunnies that pop against a backdrop of red and white stripes. Have a couple pairs of sunglasses on hand? Stash those round festival-ready stunners right in here.
2. Gift Shop Brooklyn Leather Glasses Case ($39): Fashion darlings everywhere, this one’s for you. Sleek leather and gold brushed detailing make this #OOTD-worthy case a chic and safe place to stash your go-to shades.
3. Stella & Dot Palm Springs Sunglasses Case ($22): A lush palm print feels right on cue for balmy temps and lazy beach days. Even if a seaside stint isn’t on your to-do list, this tropical number is like taking a trip to paradise.
4. American Eagle Outfitters Aerie Sunglasses Case ($13): Who can say no to a cool, sweet treat? Lavender popsicles and a playful pink hue make this quirky case one you won’t want to pass up.
5. Vera Bradley Eyeglass Case ($24): Pass up the opportunity to embrace bold color? Never! Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this pretty impressionist pattern that was practically made for outdoor art fairs and lazy afternoons sipping smoothies at a sidewalk cafe. Toss it in a vibrant red bucket bag or tonal straw tote for maximum impact.
6. UnOriginal American Calf Hair Cheetah Sunglass Sleeve ($39): Exotic prints are as good as neutrals in our book, and this cheetah sunglasses sleeve is no different. Toss it into a classic saddle bag or colorful clutch when your everyday look needs a little extra something.
7. Henri Bendel West 57th Plenty of Bendel Folding Sunglass Case ($48): If you can’t get enough of cheeky patches and pins, this graffiti folding case will feel right at home in your capsule wardrobe. Up its cool-girl factor by tacking on a handful of fierce pins in a spectrum of look-at-me shades.
8. Twill and Print Vegetable Tanned Leather Envelope Splatter Clutch ($42): An artsy envelope clutch that doubles as a home for your favorite stunner shades? We’re so down. Whether you tote it solo or tuck it into a trusty crossbody bag, its luxe leather and fun splatter print are guaranteed to turn heads.
9. Madewell Sunglass Case ($10): When you’re trying to pare down, a bulky sunglasses case simply won’t do. This slim hard case is just what the doctor ordered, easily fitting in your bag without taking up tons of space, so there’s plenty of room for your beach-day essentials.
10. Urbancode Wink Sunglasses Case ($27): This summer, let this suave sleeve do the talking for you. Even when you’re rockin’ your most mysterious shades, you can rest assured you’ll get the message across.
11. Cath Kidston Wild Raspberries Glasses Case ($23): This flowery number calls to mind garden parties with the girls. Team it with sundresses and lace-up espadrilles for a flirty, feminine look that doubles for leisurely picnics and backyard bashes.
12. Cicada Black Gold Leather Sunglass Case ($30): Decked out with a shimmery foil finish, this ultra-glam case is straight-up sartorial gold. Cat eye shades and siren-red lipstick (unfortunately) not included.
13. Corinne McCormack Triangle Reading Glasses Case ($20): The finishing touch your festival-ready getup has been missing? This watercolor case. The sturdy structure and velvety lining keep your psychedelic shades in check after the sun sets, then adds a pop of color to your getup when you whip it out at the main stage.
14. Glasses Crew Banana Case ($25): You’re about to go totally bananas over this fruity case. Good vibes are a given when you have this funky number in tow, so go ahead and add it to your arsenal of eclectic accessories STAT.
15. River Island Pink Floral Print Sunglasses Case ($12): Spring and summer will live long after the last beach bonfire or barbecue thanks to this blossoming blush case — who could say no to that?
16. Fox and Fawn Handmade Dog Glasses Case ($12): Don’t you dare think about tossing your prized sunnies straight into your bag when you have this Insta-worthy sunglasses sleeve on standby. Between the cute Frenchie print (swoon) and vibrant color, it’s a bonafide conversation starter.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.