16 Trendy Sunglasses Cases to Keep Your Sunnies’ Style on Lock
Sunglasses are an essential component to every warm weather capsule wardrobe, because protecting those peepers when the sun is shining bright (something you’ve been lusting after for months) is non-negotiable. You’ve already scooped up a set of colorful sunnies to take along on all your summer adventures — including the slew of festivals and balmy beach dates you have lined up — but there’s one super important accessory you’ve likely overlooked: a case. Sunglasses are kind of like socks — somehow they always end up going AWOL or, womp womp, getting sat on in the car. Providing your shades with a protective barrier and their own designated space is a surefire way to decrease the likelihood of both situations, which is kind of a big deal for your wallet and your sanity. And because those retro frames and ultra-modern rimless sunnies deserve an equally chic place to call home (sayonara, blasé black case), we’ve scouted 16 statement-making sunglasses cases that will do your style sensibilities proud, while keeping your shades on top of their game.
1. Thomas Paul Myron Sunglasses Case ($20): Take the guesswork out of hunting down those shades when you’re short on time — this striped case says it all with a pair of quirky circular sunnies that pop against a backdrop of red and white stripes. Have a couple pairs of sunglasses on hand? Stash those round festival-ready stunners right in here.
2. Gift Shop Brooklyn Leather Glasses Case ($39): Fashion darlings everywhere, this one’s for you. Sleek leather and gold brushed detailing make this #OOTD-worthy case a chic and safe place to stash your go-to shades.
3. Stella & Dot Palm Springs Sunglasses Case ($22): A lush palm print feels right on cue for balmy temps and lazy beach days. Even if a seaside stint isn’t on your to-do list, this tropical number is like taking a trip to paradise.
4. American Eagle Outfitters Aerie Sunglasses Case ($13): Who can say no to a cool, sweet treat? Lavender popsicles and a playful pink hue make this quirky case one you won’t want to pass up.
5. Vera Bradley Eyeglass Case ($24): Pass up the opportunity to embrace bold color? Never! Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this pretty impressionist pattern that was practically made for outdoor art fairs and lazy afternoons sipping smoothies at a sidewalk cafe. Toss it in a vibrant red bucket bag or tonal straw tote for maximum impact.
6. UnOriginal American Calf Hair Cheetah Sunglass Sleeve ($39): Exotic prints are as good as neutrals in our book, and this cheetah sunglasses sleeve is no different. Toss it into a classic saddle bag or colorful clutch when your everyday look needs a little extra something.
7. Henri Bendel West 57th Plenty of Bendel Folding Sunglass Case ($48): If you can’t get enough of cheeky patches and pins, this graffiti folding case will feel right at home in your capsule wardrobe. Up its cool-girl factor by tacking on a handful of fierce pins in a spectrum of look-at-me shades.
8. Twill and Print Vegetable Tanned Leather Envelope Splatter Clutch ($42): An artsy envelope clutch that doubles as a home for your favorite stunner shades? We’re so down. Whether you tote it solo or tuck it into a trusty crossbody bag, its luxe leather and fun splatter print are guaranteed to turn heads.
9. Madewell Sunglass Case ($10): When you’re trying to pare down, a bulky sunglasses case simply won’t do. This slim hard case is just what the doctor ordered, easily fitting in your bag without taking up tons of space, so there’s plenty of room for your beach-day essentials.
10. Urbancode Wink Sunglasses Case ($27): This summer, let this suave sleeve do the talking for you. Even when you’re rockin’ your most mysterious shades, you can rest assured you’ll get the message across.
11. Cath Kidston Wild Raspberries Glasses Case ($23): This flowery number calls to mind garden parties with the girls. Team it with sundresses and lace-up espadrilles for a flirty, feminine look that doubles for leisurely picnics and backyard bashes.
12. Cicada Black Gold Leather Sunglass Case ($30): Decked out with a shimmery foil finish, this ultra-glam case is straight-up sartorial gold. Cat eye shades and siren-red lipstick (unfortunately) not included.
13. Corinne McCormack Triangle Reading Glasses Case ($20): The finishing touch your festival-ready getup has been missing? This watercolor case. The sturdy structure and velvety lining keep your psychedelic shades in check after the sun sets, then adds a pop of color to your getup when you whip it out at the main stage.
14. Glasses Crew Banana Case ($25): You’re about to go totally bananas over this fruity case. Good vibes are a given when you have this funky number in tow, so go ahead and add it to your arsenal of eclectic accessories STAT.
15. River Island Pink Floral Print Sunglasses Case ($12): Spring and summer will live long after the last beach bonfire or barbecue thanks to this blossoming blush case — who could say no to that?
16. Fox and Fawn Handmade Dog Glasses Case ($12): Don’t you dare think about tossing your prized sunnies straight into your bag when you have this Insta-worthy sunglasses sleeve on standby. Between the cute Frenchie print (swoon) and vibrant color, it’s a bonafide conversation starter.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!