If you’re not already seeking solace in your most beloved cashmere sweaters and cozy teddy coats, then you’re not doing it right. But there’s one more cold-weather staple you’ll need. From November onwards, you won’t want to be without a wear-everywhere sweater dress that’ll keep you toasty when the temps take a dive for the worst. From alumni tailgates to outdoor wedding ceremonies and Thanksgiving gatherings alike, these are the real MVPs of fall style. Keep scrolling for our 16 favorite buys that prove sweater dresses are still very much a thing.
1. Free People It Girl Pullover ($268): Shocking shade of It-girl pink? Check. That coveted fuzzy-wuzzy feeling? Check. Relaxed pullover silo that doesn’t add unnecessary bulk? BINGO. We think we’ve found a winner.
2. Monki Stripe Women Unite Slogan Sweater Dress ($95): Um, yes, please. Feminists will be on board with this striped sweater dress powered by women’s rights.
3. Front Row Shop Geometric Print Long Sweater Dress ($116): This mod geometric printed shift dress will take you from gallery hopping to cocktail hour without so much as an accessory switch (although, white ankle boots are appreciated).
4. TOSIA Dita Dress ($545): A sexy rib knit sweater dress does exist for all your going-out needs. We’re partial to the saucy cold-shoulder details and come-hither slit with bombshell appeal.
5. Lands’ End Women’s Merino Blend Shaker Cowl Neck Sweater Dress ($100): It’s hygge season, people! Take style cues from the Scandinavians with this merino wool cowl neck sweater dress that calls for your off-duty trainers.
6. The Group by Babaton Mcguire Dress ($165): Make room for this snuggly alpaca and wool blend sweater dress; the dusty pink hue is all sorts of dreamy, if we do say so ourselves.
7. English Factory Combo Shirtdress ($89): This Blair Waldorf-inspired combo shirtdress takes the guesswork out of, err, getting suited up for the boardroom. The extra AF velvet bow gets our vote.
8. H&M Knit Turtleneck Sweater ($50): Cozy up to this glitter-flecked turtleneck dress that will have you craving OTK boots and PSLs before you know it.
9. Club Monaco Wioletta Dress ($199): Winter whites, you’re up. Play the nine-to-five and five-to-nine card with this sophisticated sweater dress that requires your most fête-ready suede mules.
10. For Love & Lemons Ruffle Edge Tank Dress ($135): For the sake of layering, don’t rule out this slinky mustard ribbed tank dress just yet. A silky tie-neck blouse on deck, and voilà, you’re ready to tango.
11. Madewell Tie Cuff Sweater Dress ($98): They call it #everydaymadewell for a reason. No joke — you’ll reach for this heather gray sweater dress featuring tie-sleeves multiple times a week.
12. Marc Jacobs Rugby Sweater Dress ($595): Rugby stripes with a collegiate appeal are not dead. Marc Jacobs singlehandedly puts the polo dress back on the map with this transitional sweater dress featuring a flouncy ruff collar.
13. Topshop Oversized Knit Midi Dress ($90): Keep things on the DL with this weekend-ready striped midi from Topshop that’s strictly business after dark. Just add a borrowed-from-the-boys denim trucker jacket and Chuck Taylors for a #winning lewk.
14. Elliatt Giselle Sweater Dress ($198): Even the name sounds divine, TBH. A cross between your favorite wrap dress and a Misty Copeland original, this pleated ballet slipper pink sweater dress is as swoon-worthy as they come.
15. J.Crew Striped Turtleneck Sweater-Dress ($98): What makes this sweater dress from the purveyors of heritage prep so, SO good, you ask? Perennial stripes and a turtleneck may have a little somethin’ to do with it.
16. DÔEN Mabelle Sweater Dress ($205): We officially deem this curve-enhancing bodycon number from DÔEN a no-brainer for the upcoming fall/winter wedding circuit.
Which of these sweater dresses will you be living in this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.