5 Essential Products to Protect Hair from Swimming This Summer
It’s summer, so you can look for us floating in the pool with a cocktail in hand. On a hot day, we’re obvs getting in the water to take a dip, but there’s one small issue — we don’t want the chlorine to mess with our carefully styled locks. Swimmer hair is a real #struggle. Luckily, with just a few additions to your summer style kit, you won’t have to worry about your strands drying out or your recent dye job getting destroyed. Here’s all that you’ll need to jump right in.
1. Circle of Friends Kylie’s Pre-Swim Conditioner ($14): This gentle protector (it’s from a children’s line!) is going to be your favorite addition to your beach bag this season. Before you get in the water, comb it through your strands to coat your locks with plant-based polymers that help protect against drying pool chemicals.
2. Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo ($26): As soon as you’re done swimmin’ laps (killing it!), make sure you use a clarifying shampoo soon after to help rinse out suborn chlorine and all its impurities.
3. Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner ($26): Repeat exposure to harsh pool chemicals can leave your hair dry and damaged, so give it some extra love with a hydrating conditioner on the daily. This formulation brings back much-needed moisture and protein and vitamins so your locks will be stronger than ever.
4. Living Proof Restore Instant Protection ($26): We totally get it; summer days are ahmazing and you’re soaking up every single second outdoors. Protect strands against harmful UV rays with this spray that also wards against frizz and dullness.
5. Alterna Haircare Bamboo Beach One Minute Recovery Mask ($22): If you’re ready for some serious post-pool recovery, it only takes one minute. Literally. This quick hair mask combats damage and gives you the moisture and shine you’re after with the added bonus of taming unmanageable poolside hair.
Ready for more summer beauty tips? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.