7 Things You Need to Throw a Tea Party like Taylor Swift
Pretty much every picture Taylor Swift posts on her Instagram gives us a major case of FOMO, but the struggle was real this weekend when we caught a glimpse of an all-star tea party she attended on International Women’s Day. The most popular gal in Hollywood hooked up with Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding and two members of the band HAIM for the most epic tea party ever. Since our invite must have gotten lost in the mail (that’s really the only explanation), we’ve decided to round up a few T. Swift-inspired goodies to grab + make if you’re planning on hosting a tea party with your besties.
2. Custom Tea Blends: Swift is always one to add a personal touch to her soirees. Follow in her footsteps by setting up a create-your-own-tea-bag bar. Follow our tutorial here to learn what ingredients and materials to get ahead of time. (via Brit + Co)
3. Shake It Off Mug ($18): If the party is for someone’s birthday this would make an amazing gift, but at $18 a pop, these would definitely be pricey to buy as a party favor for everyone. However, if you’re in love with this mug, why not DIY your own version? Find cheap, plain mugs at the thrift store and use sharpie to scribble on your favorite T. Swift lyric.
4. Pastel Colored Sugar Cubes ($19): Add some of Taylor’s super sweet charm to the party with these fun colored sugar cubes.
5. Lace Crowns ($40): Festive headwear seems to be a requirement at Swift’s shindigs. Play up the English spirit of tea parties with fun, intricate lace crowns. If you want to DIY your own version, follow the basics of this tutorial to make the lace stiff and add in some pretty ribbon.
6. Cat Head Coasters ($21): Embrace your inner cat lady and protect your table from water marks all at once with these fun, felt cat head coasters. Here’s another project that’s totally DIY-able.
7. Polka Dot Champagne Flutes: After tea time is over, keep the party going with a little champagne. Take a cue from Ellie Goulding by popping open a bottle and pouring that bubbly into these fun handmade polka dotted flutes. (via Lovely Indeed)
What are your tea party must-haves? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photo via @taylorswift)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)