The BritList: Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Cover Band, Grumpy Sailor Cat, and More
The Internet is a serious treasure trove of goodness around the holidays. Whether you’re looking for the best ’90s gifts, white elephant gifts, or gifts that give back, there is so much good stuff out there! Of course, there’s also some mega-random stuff out there, and that is why the BritList exists. Enjoy!
1. The Pizza Underground: It seems that Macaulay Culkin’s glamorous childhood limo ride with pizza and red wine has finally inspired what we all knew was inevitable: a pizza-themed Velvet Underground cover band. Okay, there was no way anyone could have predicted this but, there it is.
2. Shady Lady Mittens ($68): Shady lady! Who knew kate spade went shady?
3. NYC Taxi Drivers Beefcake Calendar: We are both depressed and relieved that this calendar has already sold out.
5. Wine Straws ($4): If you love a glass of cab, you are probably familiar with the perils of “wine teeth.” That purple hue is just made to ruin your pearly whites! But, arm yourself with wine straws and your teeth will be protected. Of course, you’ll be the person drinking wine out of a straw so… you’re not getting any cool points anytime soon.
6. Catchbox ($549): What is a Catchbox? It’s basically a pillow and microphone in one. It’s made for conferences
7. The Ultimate Christmas Movie Supercut: All the movies you love, boiled into one surprisingly un-manic supercut.
8. Puzzle Facade: This amazing piece turns an entire building into a giant Tetris-like illuminated Rubik’s cube, and it’s controlled by a 3D-printed Rubik’s cube. So cool!
9. Grumpy Sailor Cat iPhone Case ($35): Grumpy Cat as a sailor? Yes. Yes please!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)