12 Thoughtful Gifts Your Grandparents Will Love
Your relationship with your grandma or grandpa is pretty special. They’re the ones who pack wisdom, comfort, laughter, and plenty of love all into a unique, little package — which is probably why going visit them for summer vacation or the holidays is one of the best times of the year. Grandparents’ Day (September 6) is absolutely the best time to show your elders how much you love them with a thoughtful gift. But hey, why wait around until a special day? You can give them any of these excellent gifts any time of the year.
1. Pix-Star 15-Inch WiFi Cloud Digital Photo Frame ($200): What’s your grandparents’ most prized possession? Their family, of course. A nice frame is appealing, but you can also pack way more memories into a digital frame so grandma and grandpa can enjoy dozens of pictures of everyone they love.
2. Anthropologie Gardenshire Pitcher ($58): Let grandma serve up some iced tea, lemonade, or even some summer sangria in a pitcher that looks as good as her drink recipe tastes. She can even use it as a vase if she just wants to keep it on display.
3. Natori ‘Nirvana’ Midi Robe ($59): In a way, a plush robe is like a big hug from you that keeps on hugging. Grandma can slip into the comfy, fleecy fabric in the morning and think of you when she’s making her morning tea.
4. UGG Scuffette II Slipper ($85): Naturally, a comfortable robe is only half of the ideal morning ensemble. Keep your grandma’s feet warm and cushioned with these shearling slippers.
5. Gather by Anthropologie Lustered Wine Glasses, Set of Four ($40): If your grandparents love to entertain, or simply have a taste for finer things, you know that these beautiful, pearly glasses will be welcome at their dinner table.
6. Le Creuset Classic Tea Kettle ($100): This beauty can grace your grandma and grandpa’s stove 24/7. And it’s not just easy on the eyes; it’s also coated with porcelain enamel that won’t corrode, and it heats water evenly and quickly.
7. Rockport Cayleb Penny Loafers ($120): Some new kicks will certainly put a spring in your grandpa’s step. These lightweight and supportive loafers easily slip on but also have a classic style that’s just right for any dapper gentleman.
8. Cinzia Rocca Crepe Silk Scarf with Botanical Pattern ($239): If anyone knows true elegance, it’s grandma. She can tie this soft scarf on her handbag, around her neck, or in her hair on a windy day so she can stay fashionable day in and day out.
9. Evve Milano SIGNORINI Shoulder Bag ($129): Everything grandma needs for the day can be easily stowed and organized in this sleek bag. It even comes with a removable coin purse for all her tiny odds and ends.
10. Book of the Month Club ($150 for One Year): Both grandma and grandpa can enjoy today’s bestsellers with this subscription service. A new book every month? It’s like having your birthday 12 times a year.
11. Victrola Retro Bluetooth Speaker ($50): Your grandparents may be audiophiles, but they can also love high design while they’re at it. Victrola has come a long way since they were kids, but they still have the latest Bluetooth speaker technology encased in some of their retro styles.
12. Kitchen Supreme French Press Coffee & Tea Maker Complete Bundle ($25): Having their morning java is as easy as pouring and pressing. Your grandma and grandpa have everything they need in this bundle to get their gourmet coffee and tea without waiting for the pot to brew.
Do you have any recommendations for thoughtful gifts to give your grandparents? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.