13 Throw Pillows to Instantly Update Your Decor for Fall
With the changing seasons, it makes sense to switch up your clothes, your makeup routines and even your diet, so it’s only natural that you’d want to do the same with your decor. Small changes like switching out the prints in your frames, a new rug or fresh throw pillows on the couch are easy ways to make an impact without taking a trip to the home improvement store. If you are looking for a more comfy option, check out these 13 fabulous, fall-inspired throw pillows to update your space on a budget.
1. Wily I Oughta Pillow ($45): This foxy patchwork pillow will certainly act as a focal point no matter where you put it. The red trim, herringbone fabric and sections of plaid add to its laid-back woodsy charm despite the dry-clean-only instructions.
2. Metallic Texture Throw Pillow ($31): Glam up your living room this holiday season. Made in India, this pillow’s luxe gold leaf on cotton velvet fabric will make your house look like it jumped right out of a home decor magazine.
3. Pushkar Pillow ($98): The intricate stitching and sequins make this more a work of art than a pillow. Save it for a space like the guest room or front entryway where it will get seen but not handled often. It would be such a travesty to accidentally spill your wine on such a beautiful piece.
4. Geo Medallion Pillow ($39): Embroidered with a bold geometric design, this pillow is just the pop of color you’ve been looking for. It will quickly become a main staple in your decor, and you’ll find yourself planning the whole room around it in no time.
5. Gold Mountain Pillow Cover ($26): The modern gold mountain design on this throw is the perfect way to add a little luxury to your living room. A hidden zipper and high-quality stitching make slipping this cover over your old pillow a cinch.
6. Faux Fur Ombre Stripe Pillow ($31): No room is truly ready for fall without a little (faux) fur. The stripped ombre pattern gives you the look and texture of real fur, but it’s 100% animal friendly. Pair with a cardboard deer bust over your fireplace and your animal-inspired Christmas is complete.
7. Mountains + Trees Pillow Cover ($20): Envision yourself in the great outdoors even if you’re just standing in the middle of your living room. This picturesque pillow is great for all you adventurers at heart.
8. Fox Pillow ($39): This woodblock-printed design will add a touch of whimsy to any spot in the house. It’s perfect for your kids’ room, main living space or to liven up a bland guest room; there’s no wrong place for this adorable pillow.
9. Geometric Deer Pillow Cover ($35): Rudolph got a makeover just in time for the holidays. This modern geometric cover is printed with eco-friendly ink and is handmade in Turkey. So when your friends compliment you on your cool new pillow, you can officially say it has been around the world.
10. Rest Your Zest Pillow ($45): Angular lines, bright colors, gold sequins and a trio of pom poms on every corner, this pillow has got it going on. It’s a great one for renters or anyone trying to add a quick pop of color without breaking out the paint brushes.
11. Geometric Pillow Cover ($40): When you cuddle up with this pillow, you’ll feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing it was handmade to order just for you. The mix of neutrals, bold and fall-inspired colors and a polka dot print ensures it will seamlessly match any decor.
12. Cable-Knit Pillow ($49): If your favorite chunky sweater and a super fluffy pillow had a baby, this would be it. This 100% cotton beauty also features a woven back and hidden zipper for easy cleaning.
13. Squirrels in Fall Pillow Cover ($18): Have a sense of humor about your decor and your guests will feel at ease the instant they walk through the door. The double-sided design and easy care instructions (just toss it in the washer!) make this pillow a definite yes.
Do you plan on adding any of these pillows to your decor? Leave us a comment. We’d love to talk to you!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)